Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I inherited a Clarke Delco Equalizer pressure washer when my dad passed, and it's been sitting in my shop ever since (2 years ago). I finally decided to get it going and it doesn't seem to be pumping water. It comes on and the motor is running good. That's about where I run out of knowledge on it.

I took the hose that goes into the water tank out and it's clear of debris and the tank is filling like it should.

There is a crack in the elbow that goes from the pump to the burner ( I have it taken apart now to get a new elbow). Does it need back pressure to pump?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
In somewhat similar situation with a trash pump, I found a mouse nest in the pump. Pump had been stored (or abandoned) with the inlet and outlet ports open.
Not familiar with your particular situation but, how difficult would it be to either run water backwards through the system or disassemble the pump?
Good luck.

Reactions: Whoo

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In somewhat similar situation with a trash pump, I found a mouse nest in the pump. Pump had been stored (or abandoned) with the inlet and outlet ports open.
Not familiar with your particular situation but, how difficult would it be to either run water backwards through the system or disassemble the pump?
Good luck.
Both of the ports were attached to the hoses, so I don't believe anything could have gotten inside, but I'm not ruling that out. I will take a good look inside and see if somethings made a home in there.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
Both of the ports were attached to the hoses, so I don't believe anything could have gotten inside, but I'm not ruling that out. I will take a good look inside and see if somethings made a home in there.

Thanks
I'm going to guess it froze at some point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts