Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back Nov 1, I posted a query about CL http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/showthread.php?t=277436 . I had a young doeling who'd had a bump on her upper jaw for nearly 6 months and it had suddenly started to grow. And grow big, to nearly tennis ball size. We didn't think it was CL because of the location, but wanted to ask for more info.

We had planned to lance and drain it. Vicki M. suggested that if it were a salivary gland, that would not be a good idea. Then I had a death in the family and it all got put on hold.

This week the bump began dissappearing. I caught her at feeding time this evening, and looked it over good. The bump is gone, there remains a bit of loose skin as if from the stretching, so the hair is ruffled. I think that will go away too. She doesn't seem to feel any discomfort when I pressed on it.

During all this six months time it has not effected her eating or health in any visible way. I still don't know what the problem was, but I'm glad we did not lance the bump or butcher the doeling.

Thanks to all who answered my question here and in PM's.

Halo

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
Kids born with salviary cysts or wattle cysts will many times resolve these on their own as their immunity gets stronger. Usually they are taken care of right after they present. The kid was way to young to originally present with a CL abscess anyway. Glad it was resolved. Vicki

1 - 4 of 4 Posts