Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all!

My husband, son, and I are finally leaving NYC after 10 years to start a very small livestock farm in NJ. Having a few acres to live off of, raise animals, and provide a service to my community has been a dream for as long as I remember, but we got a bit sidetracked. The pandemic made this far-off dream an urgent action item. I studied veterinary medicine, but never practiced,and it's been awhile since I had manure under my fingernails. We have a lot to learn and not a lot of time to do it.

Anyway, could you share some ideas? We have a fairly large morton building that has been used as a riding arena for at least 30 years that I would like to convert to SOMETHING....maybe a space for backgrounding cattle? What would you use it for?

·
Registered
9,729 Posts
Welcome to HT. We recently had another new member who is leaving Manhattan who goes by the name "Escape from NY", lol.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
What would you use it for?
I guess a question for you would be what is your long term plans? Are you just growing food for just for yourselves or sell? How many acres do you have? If you are going to sell what are other people in your area doing?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts