Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
In Remembrance
28,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning a rain catch for water supply. I have a 1500gal poly tank in place that is about 30-40ft from the new house and at the bottom of a bank, appx 10 ft lower than the house. I want to install a hand pump in the kitchen. I was looking at the oasis pumps. OasisPumps.com Eventually I may also add an electric pump to run off solar, but plan to do the hand pump first.

There is no basement or actual crawl space so no room below the kitchen floor to work.

Any suggestions on making this work?

·
In Remembrance
28,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is presently exposed, but I plan to take care of that.

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
I had his when we lived in the Brush, I just put a Spicket on it and caught water in a Bucket. It was just outside. I caught water off our Roof, diverted water from the Tank until Roof washed then went into the Tank.

Winter time had out own challenge because Spicket would freeze, I always saved water to heat to thaw it and still had to punch through the ice with a Metal Rod.

At our Cabin at the Lake we have a Tank we fill from a neighboring Well. Run a Line from the bottom of the Tank into the Cabin, have a Small Electric RV Pump that kicks off at 40 PSI. This works great. Used PEX Pipe all through the Cabin.

big rockpile

1 - 4 of 4 Posts