Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember it. It was staged as in a saloon in around 1925. Bar tenders in re vests and white shirts would walk around with trays of beer supposedly in the old time goblets or mugs that had a 4in shank to the foot. They sang old time ragtime tunes.

WELL, I cant find it on U Tubes at all. I find his individual performances on others shows, but not as HIS show on the set I remember.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Ha ha, you are sort of funny. There were only six episodes and I have yet to find any of them on the internet.

·
Premium Member
25,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Came on in the late 50s, EARLY 60s. Theyed have a barbershop quartet sing a song, They had a fancy upright pianner and theyed sing an old song round it. Someone said there were only 6 shows. Maybe it was a summer replacement. I sure liked it then.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
I remember it and enjoyed the show. I believe the lady that sat up on the piano was his wife. Both as I remember were very blond. Hope they were as happy in their real life as they appeared on the show.

·
Premium Member
25,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Payton Place ran from 64 to 69. I remember seeing the book in school, AND there was a certain number page that was hot. OR so we thought back in 63

·
Premium Member
25,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Chuck says he never heard of it. Says it might have been before they had a TV. Well, in 66 he would have been around 35yrs old. Surely he had a TV by then.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Chuck says he never heard of it. Says it might have been before they had a TV. Well, in 66 he would have been around 35yrs old. Surely he had a TV by then.
Yes, but not everyone ran out and bought a TV like your family must have. We didn't get a TV until 64 or maybe even 65, heck we didn't buy our first color TV until 92 or so.

You keep talking about this Chuck person, I don't understand who that is?

·
Premium Member
25,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, that's true. My aunt and uncle had a TV Before we did, and that was in the mid 50s. I find that people down here in Okieland bought them as you say your folks did. But then, here they farmed with horses and mules, and tinker toy tractors way later than we did. Here they would farm 500 acres with a 12 to 20hp tractor.

·
Premium Member
3,512 Posts
Never heard of it

Sorry Bill something went wrong with link. It was just an explanations of the show and what it was about. I can't find any episodes on U tube either It was a summer replacement with only 16 episodes.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts