Chuck: On-Board Solicitation Alert

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by amelia, Jun 30, 2006.

1. amelia

amelia Well-Known Member

For some reason I'm having difficulty e-mailing Chuck directly. I want to bring to his attention the recent posts of Mtnblut881 on the "Business Brokers" thread in which this forum is being used to solicit for the "prepaid legal services" business for which she appears to be a sales person. If you do a search the posts by Mtnblu881, which number about 10, about half of them amount to pure solicitation. Chuck, please feel free to delete this post after you have read it.

2. Red Devil TN

Red Devil TN Well-Known Member

How is that any different than what many others do? I've posted up my bit on Amsoil a good amount and no one has freaked out about that. She posted up a few links to her site, and in that particular thread was replying about something one can do from home... Actually, I think I'll go post about Amsoil in that thread as well.

You sure it isn't more about not liking her product over her 'soliciting' on here? Granted, I don't particularly like the 'product' she offers, but that's because I'm informed and worked in the legal field. I don't really see a problem with her posts in that thread. If you want to warn members that the services are limited, feel free, but you let slip the dogs in your reply there, and I'm not too sure it was called for.

3. tallpines

tallpines Well-Known Member

Cabin Fever is moderator at that forum.

You can try p.m.ing your concerns to him.

Or---CLICK on the small red triangle in the upper right hand corner of the post you are concerned about.

That way both Chuck and Cabin get a report.

Another option---send Chuck a p.m.------rather than an email :)

4. Red Devil TN

I just looked at all her posts. She's posted the info in two threads. Members Business Websites and Business brokers. That two threads out of nine she has participated in. And both seemed appropriate. I've posted in lots more threads than two about the Amsoil company and products and even my site.

Heck she has even foregone mentioning it when she clearly had a chance in this thread:
    http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/showthread.php?t=127069
    I mean really now. To say she has been mainly posting solicitations is just a lie.

5. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    After reviewing the site as mentioned, in my opinion it is spam. There is no rule in place to my knowledge concerning what can and/or cannot be posted in the text of any post; many posters mention their sites or services below their signature line. It appears to be a matter of 'good taste', within posting guidelines.

This is a gray area, I am sure such will be discussed and clarified; in my opinion anything placed within the message text is spam, anything placed below and reoccurring is considered not spam. This is just my opinion and I do not have any effect on forum policies, so no finger pointing and hearing "But you said....ect".

6. Red Devil TN

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forum_spam

No offence moo, I help run a couple boards here and there some public many private so I'm not unused seeing this stuff. Those seemed like contextually relevant postings. Imnsho, it's no worse than someone offering some goats for sale when someone asks 'how much are goats' or 'where can I get some goats'. Happens all the time in 'here' (HT). :shrug:

7. amelia

amelia Well-Known Member

I stand corrected. I scanned her posts very quickly. However, I stand by my opinion that this post amounted to an inappropriate solicitation.