Christmas on the Missouri Homestead FINALLY

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by FolioMark, Dec 11, 2004.

1. FolioMark

FolioMark In Remembrance

illinois but i have a homestead building in missou
    Well after months of anticipation and planning, I finally got someone to drive me down to my place in Missouri to work. We leave tomorrow morning early and my plan is to stay there over Christmas. My carpenter has promised to have me all framed in and the roof on and closed up by Christmas eve. Pray we get it all done and dont freeze to death in the process. It will be a real Christmas blessing if it happens. I wont have a phone or a computer while I am there so I wont see you all until I get back after Christmas. I wish you all great Holidays and a New Year and hope to see you then. I sure will miss the Forums and all you good folks. Best wishes and see you later. :) :p

2. Gerry Mazerolle

Gerry Mazerolle Member

Hello FolioMark.

Well the best of luck on your Christmas cabin project. I hope the weather is good for you and your hired help as well. You will have to give us a full report.

Good Luck!!

Gerry Mazerolle

3. Irish Pixie

Irish Pixie Limp Bisket LOL

Congratulations. You have a Merry Christmas too.

Stacy in NY

4. HilltopDaisy

HilltopDaisy Well-Known Member Supporter

Woohoo!! Won't you be celibrating this year!! I see you won't have a phone, but if the opportunity presents itself, check on our old friend Gail F., please. I sent a Christmas card, but I worry about him, you know? Thanks, Daisy

5. Corky

Corky Well-Known Member

Thats great Mark!
    I am confused but that is because I didn't come here for a long time and haven't kept up on what is going on in the lives of my syber friends.
    I thought you already had a place almost finished a long time ago.I remember seeing pictures. Did something happen to it?

I also sent Gail a card and if I don't hear from him I am going to give him a call.
    He has a lot of folks that watch over him so I am sure he is ok but I do miss him.
    He is a wonderful man with a great sence of humor! When he and my DH get together it is something else. :haha:

6. Terri

Terri Singletree & Weight Loss & Permaculture Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Have a very Merry Christmas, and don't forget to feed the birds!

7. BeeFree

BeeFree Well-Known Member Supporter

Saw the weather forecast for S MO this evening. It is to turn colder this next week.

I can't remember what part of MO you were going to. Hope it isn't the Northern part as it is usually much colder than the southern parts. They have already had snow up that way.

Enjoy and have a Merry Christmas. Missouri Style.

8. fordson major

fordson major construction and Garden b Supporter

happy trails. hope ya giterdun! keep updating as ya can .

9. Ozarkquilter46

Ozarkquilter46 Well-Known Member

wish I knew where you lived. You told us once and seems like its only a hour drive from me. Do you have a cell phone? I would have brought you some home made bread! yummmmmmmm

10. Terri

Terri Singletree & Weight Loss & Permaculture Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Corky, he is building his house in sections. He has finished the last couple of rooms he put in: apparently he is now going to put in a couple more.

I look forward to him updating his website.

11. Corky

Corky Well-Known Member

Thanks terri, I remember when he posted pictures of his fireplace after it was built. I do remember he was building one room at a time now. I was afraid he had had a fire or a tornado or something.
    If I remember right his place is south of Springfield MO. It is beautiful down here right now.