christmas Kidding

Discussion in 'Goats' started by bethlaf, Dec 25, 2004.

1. bethlaf

bethlaf Homegrown Family

well, this morning i go out to the barn , seeing how the girls are, usually about the time of my mid morning potty break ,
    it was around 10 ish , the ham was in the crock pot cooking , the presents had been opened
    and i was going to bring the girls some of the "cookies" i had for them
    well, my one doe , who is still as of this typing , unnamed
    looked a little puffy under the tail, we had been watching her for a few days, she bagged up really good on thursday , but since this is her first kid, we werent too worried
    i know these things can take time

well, i laid down for a nap , my own developing baby inside makes me so tired, after about 30 minutes i felt i had to get up and check the goats, so , out i went ....i stopped and talked with hubby, made him turn off the saw, when i heard that distinctive, "im in labor" goat bleat, many of you know just what i mean

sure enough , she was ,
    time was 12:30 , after some grain and getting the other does out of the barn , since shes the newest , shes still low goat on the herd totem pole,,,, she settled into labor at about 10 after 1, she made the typical 1st timer things, up down paw up down paw up down paw......at 1:45,while still in her up part of the routine she delivered a beautifull chamoisee doeling ,looks almost exactly like her mother !!!! except no white, shes a solid chamoisee (mom is broken chamoisee) another gorgeous alpine goat!

just wanted to share, and let everyone know

Merry Christmas!
    Beth

2. Sondra Peterson

Sondra Peterson Well-Known Member

3. dosthouhavemilk

dosthouhavemilk Well-Known Member Supporter

Congrats! Liliana is completely sunk and she is acting stranger than normal and I am hoping she gives me some Christmas kids. Hey, I still have five and a half hours before the day is over....This is her third time and hopefully she will have twins this time.
    We also have a cow who could go tonight (due tomorrow and very nicely sacked up).