Fruit Salad
Christmas cake
Candy
Sweet tea or soda's

Stomach ache:eek:

·
Registered
578 Posts
Christmas Eve is always snacky night. So we're having pigs in a blanket, meatballs, hot crab dip, flour tortilla roll ups w/ cream cheese, black olives and green chiles, chicken fingers, and of course various and sundry sweets.

Christmas Dinner is going to be stuffed pork loin and a baked turkey, vidalia onion casserole, squash, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potato casserole, cabbage, I don't even know what else at this point. And of course, various and sundry sweets. :happy:

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Tamales, beans, rice, salsa, chips, guacamole, salad...pumpkin pie with whipped cream.

That's for tonight, we do our big meal on Christmas Eve and traditionally we do sausage gravy with biscuits for Christmas breakfast and snack all Christmas day.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Christmas Eve Dinner

Grilled Iowa Chops (grilled over apple wood)
Au Gratin Potatoes
Glazed Carrots
Rum Cake

Christmas Day

Every one is on their own.

·
Registered
386 Posts
For the first time we are not having Christmas dinner at our house because most of our chiildren have other commitments. However, some of the kids will be here tonight.

Baked cured ham
deviled eggs
mashed potatos with ham gravy
green bean casserole
hot rolls

cherry and apple pie for desert

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Well we were going to have our turkey butterball but DH got called out yesterday afternoon and didn't get back till 3am. He has just been called out again and the earliest he will be back is 8pm tonight if everything goes well. (It's a 6hr return trip)...

Butterball lives another day or two....and will be eaten New Years Eve or Day!

Rose
Don't you just love how life gets in the way of plans?! We had a turkey all planned, then DH was way jet lagged from a trip, I had the stomach bug and was finally feeling better Sat., but neither one of us were up to butchering a turkey and the kids asked for Mexican for X-mas eve dinner instead. We jumped on that one, so that's what we're having.

I hope he gets home in time and isn't too tired to finish up projects. Enjoy your meal, it sounds yummy!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
We will be having snack/ finger foods Christmas Eve:

sweet n sour meat balls
shrimp
twice baked potatoes
deviled eggs...made extra for christmas day, my daughtr loves them,
bbq wings
macaroni salad
banana bread
home made PB fudge
ginger bread cookies ...we need to finish in a little while :eek:)

Christmas Dinner will be:
Ham
Whipper potatoes
sweet potatoes
rolls/breads
veggies
pies
macaroni salad
deviled eggs

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Ours is a little different this year...we were going to go to the In-Laws but I don't think we will be going anywhere with the snow.
Salmon
Rolls
Baked Beans
Pumpkin Bread
Cookies
Salad

·
Registered
566 Posts
Christmas Eve:

Enchiladas, Tacos, Shredded Pork Burritos w/green sauce, Rice, Beans and Homemade Carrot Cake for dessert.

Christmas will be the traditional Turkey dinner

·
Learning everyday
1,960 Posts
Tonight we'll have leftovers from earlier in the week since tomorrow we'll go to my parent's for the family dinner. Mom is planning on making Ham, Turkey, Mashed taters, gravy, green beans, dressing, rolls, and probably pumpkin pie.

·
Trainer of kids, dogs and horses...fears nothing
8,598 Posts
Christmas Eve:
Fry bread stuffed with hamburger and cheese.

Not exactly traditional, but definitely good!

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Christmas Eve we always have steak, baked potaotes, rolls and a veggie.

Christmas day i'm baking a turkey with dressing, mashed taters, gravy, rolls, green beens, and I'm baking a apple and pumpkin pie. Thanksigiving we were away so i'm making a turkey this year, usually we have ham and the fixings.

·
believer of fairytales
528 Posts
Lots of cookies being baked for munching on tonight. Tomorrow morning we'll have a breakfast casserole made with hashbrowns, bacon and cheese. Tomorrow night there will be a glazed ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, green bean casserole, homemade bread and jello salad. Oh and BLT dip with Ritz crackers. Love that stuff.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Christmas Eve dinner:
Shrimp cocktail
Do-aheads (beef/pork/cheese appetizers on petite toasts)
Aioli (pasta tossed w/ garlic & olive oil)
Fried shrimp
Crab cakes
Breaded cauliflower
French fries
Homemade bread

Christmas Day:
Baked ham (will go straight to sammies on rye w/ swiss)
Lots of homemade eggnog
COOKIES!!!

I love Christmas Day... my parents are coming in for the long weekend, so after we open presents, we'll stick the ham in the oven, eat lots of cookies, make sandwiches, and relax-- ALL DAY. I can't wait!!!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Tonight we are having roast chicken with cornbread dressing (which my neighbor was so nice to bring over to us just a little bit ago!). I hadn't planned anything but maybe pizza for tonight so this is a bonus. Tomorrow we will have smoked ham, smashed potatoes with sour cream and chives, asparagus, broccoli w/cheese sauce, rolls, cheesecake and banana pudding.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Christmas Day noon: Baked ham, roasted turkey breast, sweet potatoes, potatoe filling, gravy, noodles, green bean casserole, corn, and rolls. For dessert: cherry cheese cake and ****-fly pie.
Evening: Turkey and ham sandwiches, potatoe salad, macaroni salad, chips and dip. Then we won't eat for two day :)
I love the variety of meals posted. Wouldn't it be fun if we could sample a little from each menu?

·
Original recipe!
14,044 Posts
Tonight is just food.. braised cubed steak and hot and spicy brocoli rice.
Tomorrow it is just us, but still having the usual..
Turkey (and leftover ham from last night)
Mashed potatoes and parsnips
corn pudding
green beans or peas or something
cranberry salad (which later cooks down into GREAT cranberry jam!!)
And I think I will make a pumpkin spice cake of some sort with cream cheese icing.

·
Premium Member
6,751 Posts
Christmas Eve dinner (in about four hours)--Low Country Shrimp Boil (contains shrimp, Kielbasa sausage, old bay seasoning, corn on the cob, onions, potatoes) and sweet tea and lots of sweets--cookies, cakes, pies, candy etc!!!!

·
In memoriam
79,016 Posts
Tonight it's :
Soft Shelled Crabs
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Spinach Salad
Homemade Garlic Bread
Tomorrow is yet to be decided

1 - 20 of 30 Posts