Christmas Dinner

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by fitwind, Dec 10, 2006.

1. fitwind

fitwind Well-Known Member

What are you going to make for Christmas Dinner? I have had different main courses for the past 3 years. 1st year was turkey 2nd pork leg with cracklin and this last year was roast beef. They all made a wonderful Christmas meal :bouncy: instead of having the same thing every year . I thnk this year I will have roasted duck,brussell sprouts,roasted potatoes,green beans, yorkshire pudding and gravy. :happy:

2. giraffe_baby

giraffe_baby Well-Known Member Supporter

This will be my first year making dinner all alone ( well with out other family members, just hubby I and kids)

I think i will make a ham, scalloped potatoes, rolls, and corn. I might make a small relish tray of green/black olives, and cheese and crackers, and maybe some ham roll ups:)

3. Seeker

Seeker Well-Known Member

We visit friends, but they have a traditional dinner:

shrimp cocktail
    crab stuffed potatoes
    prime rib
    green beans
    strawberry short cake

plus other little things, but those are the main ones.

We've been there 4 years in a row now.... maybe it's the food?

4. Farmer Willy

Farmer Willy Well-Known Member Supporter

Thanksgiving was our big blowout, but Christmas ranks second. Allways have a nice bone-in smoked ham (Daisyfield--best darn ham going, least till our smokehouse is up)and for something different we'll roast a goose. No sit down dinner, just all the fixings for sandwiches with some side dishes. It will be a day to eat, drink, and visit on the 23rd. The 24th is about the same with my kids, sibs and parents. Christmas day??? Maybe a big bowl of venison chili and a couple colds beers, the fireplace, my dogs and my sweetie. Don't get no better than that.

5. belladulcinea

belladulcinea Well-Known Member

Christmas brunch for us at 10:00.

Dinner will be ham, augratin potatoes, corn casserole, green beans, homemade rolls, fruit salad and desserts. We will do this on Saturday as that is when my dbrother and sil will come for family Christmas. On Christmas we will do just brunch and probably left overs, lots of leftovers!

6. Jennifer L.

Jennifer L. Well-Known Member Supporter

Oyster stew with a nice dessert. I'm thinking about doing some rabbits this year as well, since my sister has never had any. Of course, I'll have to sit through "you cooked you BUNNIES?" but it might be worth it. :)

Jennifer

7. kars1995

kars1995 Well-Known Member

Right now I'm thinking.....pizza! :) We hosted my hubby's office party at our home this past Saturday. I cooked, and cooked....and then cooked some more. Two hams, a turkey, potatoes, green bean cass., escalloped corn, baked beans, salad, two batches cookies, two pies, party mix, plus all the cleaning/decorating to make the home look fabulous. I'm tired out! Yep, pizza sounds good and easy. But I'll probably end up doing all the traditional foods. At least I just have to cook for us and the two kids.

8. Melissa

Melissa member

I am craving a good beef roast. I may splurge and buy a nice one for Christmas Day dinner.

9. MelissaW

MelissaW Well-Known Member

My mom does a beef rib roast, and my husbands mom does some sort of wonderful Polish sausage dish. I'm hosting a Yuletide dinner, and will have stuffed flounder, baked potatoes, broccoli salad, cranberry relish, and haven't quite decided on dessert yet. Preferably something warm and soaked in brandy, lol!

10. Wildwood Flower

Wildwood Flower Halfway, OR & Wagoner, OK

I live in Oregon part time, and Oklahoma part time
    We have our extended family over on Christmas Eve and keep it simple. MIL brings her Taco Soup and Cheesy Hot Dog Dish, breadsticks, and we have deviled eggs and salad. I make a 3 Cheese Ball, Christmas cookies, fudge and bon bons, and sometimes pies or a chocolate sheet cake.

Santa makes a visit and we sing a few Christmas carols.

11. roadless

roadless Well-Known Member Supporter

My sil inherited the Christmas dinner at her house a few years ago (hehehe). So I do a simple brunch at mine. I usually have my overnight french toast, quiche, ovenroasted potatoes,fresh fruit and various pastries. Yum and the really good thing is everything can be made ahead.