Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The irony is killing me. :rolleyes:

SHANGHAI, July 14 — China said late Friday that it was suspending imports of some chicken and pork produced in the United States after inspectors here found shipments that were contaminated with chemicals or bacteria.

The government said it would immediately block imports from some of the United States’s biggest meat producers, including Tyson Foods and Cargill, and also strengthen inspections of American meat to guard against health risks.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/15/business/worldbusiness/15china.html?th&emc=th

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
My question is, Why haven't we been hearing about the food problems from other countries that China exports to? They surly have the same germ/ chemical detecting ability as we do. Or is the US singled out to be the only place to recieve the tainted stuff? That would be an interesting answer to hear.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
moopups said:
My question is, Why haven't we been hearing about the food problems from other countries that China exports to? They surly have the same germ/ chemical detecting ability as we do. Or is the US singled out to be the only place to recieve the tainted stuff? That would be an interesting answer to hear.
Actually, several other countries are having fits. I've read several articles about it. Sorry I haven't posted the articles, but if I posted ALL the food safety/GMO/sustainable/etc etc articles, I'd be posting a hundred of them a day. :eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts