Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a bad storm blow in this afternoon, it started with light rain, so I run out to cover the tiller and the wind just slammed in. I am in a very wooded area, so I ran to the closest building the chicken coops, as I rounded the corner of the run a huge wind grabbed the little (rare free polish that came with my chick order this year) and through him into the side of the coop then a large branch fell on him. I have to say I felt like Dorthy's Aunt from the Wizard of OZ gathering up chicks. The wind, the chickens being blown all over the place. So I pick up the little polish and head back in the house, head neck hanging limp, thought he was dead for sure. When I was outside I yelled hurricane thinking my daughter would hear and go to the lower level of the house, but no she runs outside, anyway she takes the bird and starts chicken CRP on him. Puffing mouth to beak and chest compression. It worked he started opening his eyes and blinking fluffing up a bit, got my sugar salt water (save a chick)mix out gave him a little, set him in a box with a towel roll for balance. About an hour after his rebirth he was up and standing. Dont know if he will stay that way, but he still looks ok. Sleeping in a crate in the kitchen. And I just said yesterday once you name them they become more important. :angel:

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I saw one get stepped on by a horse once. I moved the horse off, and put her to the side wondering what I was going to do w/a dead chicken. Wouldn't you know that thing got up and ran off?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts