Chick pics!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by GoldenWood Farm, Sep 27, 2006.

1. GoldenWood Farm

GoldenWood Farm Legally blonde! Supporter

I just had to share some pictures of my Silver Duckwing Old English bantam chicks and their momma :) .

Here is Momma Maple with two babys
    [​IMG]

Here is Maple and all 4 babys
    [​IMG]

This has my hand in the picture to show how small they are
    [​IMG]

Here is a close up on the four babys
    [​IMG]

Here is Trinket (my 2 year old La Mancha) saying hello to the babys and mom
    [​IMG]

This would be Trinket and Vert-Tinos (my 1 1/2 year old La Mancha buck) looking into the chick hutch (and you can slightly see Toshanah and Suprise underneath the hutch...suprise on the left and toshanah on the right).
    [​IMG]

This is Suprise (last years doe kid) doing something I probably don't want to know about.
    [​IMG]

MotherClucker
    ps: I threw in a few goat pictures as well..hope you don't mind.

2. GoldenWood Farm

This is Mizz Vanilla (AKA Vanilla Sky and last years doe kid) but we all call her V or V.V. :D .
    [​IMG]

This is Mizz Suprise (last years doe kid)
    [​IMG]

These are this years kids. Left to Right: Mowgli (little brother of Suprise), Sadie (cousin to Savannah), Savannah (cousin to Sadie). Please ignore the black head in the shot..that is Vert whom is Savannah's father...he is in a breeding pen right now next to them. Yes they are safe from him (otherwise there is NO WAY he would be next to them)
    [​IMG]

thought I might mention that the pen you see the goats in right now is just a temporary breeding pen until everybody gets bred (which HOPEFULLY is soon!)

MotherClucker

3. mary,tx

mary,tx Well-Known Member Supporter

Looks like the goats are watching tv. lol. I love the chickens (love the breed!) and what a great set-up you have for them.
    mary

4. GoldenWood Farm

Thanks Mary :) . It is a old rabbit hutch that I decided would work. When the chicks get bigger and older they will free range along with the rest of my Old English and Silkie flock (just a tiny little one I have for fun) but right now this is the safest and best place to let mom raise them out and NOT have them eaten.

Also won't hopefully have to worry about any cocci problems :rolleyes: . Yep the goats investigate ANYTHING I do...so if I am looking at them the goats are like "Hey mom whatcha lookin at" :p .

MotherClucker