Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m ranting about this rodeo that has got away with animal abuse for the longest time and I love going to rodeos but this rodeo is pure torture these are not my photos but this is just sad all the animals killed at every rode.
2CEAA9C3-6568-4131-9075-778EE29199CA.jpeg
this calf was paralyzed straight after this I read up on it .
2FEE4881-32BC-45AF-B681-8D254141C096.jpeg
this horse died soon after they shot him dead after breaking 2 legs just disappointed this beautiful creature is put through this.
FAB68653-06FD-445C-AFFA-3BC8901EB921.jpeg
nobody did anything about it other than run over the horse.
D1B612F4-2D69-40A8-A0B2-488258C572D7.png
a face of fear on this horse poor baby
905DEF07-F837-45AF-89A6-846517191569.png
this horse had an injured hoofand you can see all the blood everywhere and nobody did anything about it! Like what sick animals could they be to laugh at a hurt animal?!
(Btw I do not hate rodeos at all i actually love them I just feel bad for the animals at this rodeo if anyone has input I would like to hear keep rude comments twords me out please :). )

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
40,682 Posts
That rodeo isn’t any different from others. Unfortunately, a photographer caught some of the injuries. He probably made some money selling those pictures.

If you weren’t in the stands, you actually do not know how the animals were attended to.

These sports are based on ranch activities. Accidents happen on ranches, too.

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
I never heard of it, so I read a few articles to see what you were talking about. It seemed like most of the critical pieces were pretty well saturated with emotional platitudes, and even some completely unnecessary social justice plays. One of them actually had this piece of tripe, referring to when a native Hawaiian won in 1908
The 1908 outcome, though brutal for the steers involved, was a debacle for Old West white supremacy that rodeo cowboy culture spent the next 90 years trying to live down and forget.
Most of the advocacy seems to be coming from a PETAesque group called SHARK.

Admittedly, I don’t know enough about it after 15 or 20 minutes reading, but my ignorant assumption would be that cowboy sport is pretty rough, all around, and I’ve come to not take the word of activists (of any flavor) at face value.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never heard of it, so I read a few articles to see what you were talking about. It seemed like most of the critical pieces were pretty well saturated with emotional platitudes, and even some completely unnecessary social justice plays. One of them actually had this piece of tripe, referring to when a native Hawaiian won in 1908

Most of the advocacy seems to be coming from a PETAesque group called SHARK.

Admittedly, I don’t know enough about it after 15 or 20 minutes reading, but my ignorant assumption would be that cowboy sport is pretty rough, all around, and I’ve come to not take the word of activists (of any flavor) at face value.
Yeah I’m not an activist I just feel bad that one they made a horse buck who was obviously hurt like that’s warning one ! But other than that I’m definitely not a activist cause I don’t care much for what happens at rodeos unless its Ridiculous.

·
Registered
15,913 Posts
Yeah I’m not an activist I just feel bad that one they made a horse buck who was obviously hurt like that’s warning one ! But other than that I’m definitely not a activist cause I don’t care much for what happens at rodeos unless its Ridiculous.
I totally understand your dilemma. I was at a rodeo nearby last week and a calf got hurt. The calf was ok but it was iffy for a while. Also, 2 contestants were hurt also. I go to the next one in 2 weeks. It does happen but rest assured, they do everything they can to minimize the damage to both people and animal.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I totally understand your dilemma. I was at a rodeo nearby last week and a calf got hurt. The calf was ok but it was iffy for a while. Also, 2 contestants were hurt also. I go to the next one in 2 weeks. It does happen but rest assured, they do everything they can to minimize the damage to both people and animal.
Yeah I understand they try I just can’t Believe how many animals get hurt there

·
Registered
15,913 Posts
Yeah I understand they try I just can’t Believe how many animals get hurt there
I admit, I have never been to Cheyenne rodeo. Cant speak for them. Just for the ones in Texas. Different breeders and different rodeo sponsors may have differing views.

I cant imagine one wanting to hurt animals on purpose though as that would cause ticket sale losses. That one calf had over half the people there holding their breath until he got up. One thing I know is certain about rodeos. Some people root for the riders but most root for the animals.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I've seen worse things happen to people than to animals at rodeos. I once saw a bronc fall onto his rider and crush him to bits... he was hospitalized and was lucky to survive.

Personally, I'm not concerned whatsoever because these photos are the exception not the norm.

·
Unapologetically me
20,982 Posts
Rodeo animals, especially bulls and horses are expensive so they get treated very well most of the time.
I hate to see anyone intentionally abuse an animal, but accidents happen.
The horse with the injured hoof above, I'd bet good money it got injured after the gate was open. Probably caught it on something, and you can bet the problem was found and corrected.
I doubt they'd deliberately buck an injured horse, if for no other reason than they are valuable animals.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
If you are not an activist, why are you disseminating propaganda for activists?

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
There are more horses injured by feely good horse lovers than by rodeos. Nutritional injury is just as painful and deadly, and much more widespread.So why don't we go full AR and advocate freeing all the horses, and we will stop driving so we don't spook them, and we will go vegan, and then realizing we are stealing their food, we can all jump off cliffs?

·
Premium Member
5,822 Posts
barnbilder, stop being mean to the child. She is still in school. You are treating her like she is 30 or 40.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There are more horses injured by feely good horse lovers than by rodeos. Nutritional injury is just as painful and deadly, and much more widespread.So why don't we go full AR and advocate freeing all the horses, and we will stop driving so we don't spook them, and we will go vegan, and then realizing we are stealing their food, we can all jump off cliffs?
Did I ever say you should do that NO I didn’t so how about you go on and do your own stuff I SAID KEEP ALL THE BAD COMMENTS OFF MY THREAD

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Also it’s not like I’m saying this rodeo is bad I’m just pointing out some of its bad quality’s

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oh dear... where to start?

First off - the first horse you are talking about in pics 2, 3 & 4 are not even the same horse!! It is easy to tell by it's coloring. If you are lying to us about that (and it is a lie) what else is untrue about your post? Probably most if not all of it.

Secondly - You hang up a dishonest and inflammatory post and then cry for no one to say mean things about you. Stuff it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh dear... where to start?

First off - the first horse you are talking about in pics 2, 3 & 4 are not even the same horse!! It is easy to tell by it's coloring. If you are lying to us about that (and it is a lie) what else is untrue about your post? Probably most if not all of it.

Secondly - You hang up a dishonest and inflammatory post and then cry for no one to say mean things about you. Stuff it.
Ok if you actually read with your eyes maybe you would see I wasn’t even talking about one horse I was talking about all of them wise guy I wasn’t just talking about that one horse!

1 - 20 of 109 Posts