Chelated Magnesium and Allergies/Asthma

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by FeralFemale, Apr 18, 2006.

  1. FeralFemale

    FeralFemale Bitter Clinger

    Messages:
    4,787
    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2006
    Now that spring has sprung and the trees are flowering and pollinating and the grasses and the everything and all the time I am spending outside.....I thought I'd share this with you and ask if any of you have done this.

    I have severe asthma. I read that allergies and asthma can be caused by a deficiency of magnesium. So I started taking supplements (along with calcium w/ vitamin d because possibility of bone density loss)

    I used to be incapacitated in the spring time. I am almost normal now! I still have to take asthma meds, but I don't need my rescue inhaler barely at all anymore. It's only been a little over a month, so maybe I can get off them totally.

    I've just been dying to share this with someone, but no one I know takes stuff like this seriously. I thought you all would have a more open mind.



    :D
     
  2. Maura

    Maura Well-Known Member Supporter

    Messages:
    15,981
    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2004
    Location:
    Michigan's thumb
    Try adding a pinch of turmeric daily to you plan. It kills ascaris, which is a parasite found in milk. Ascaris doesn't affect everyone, but if you are suffering from asthma, it's probably made its way to your lungs.
     

  3. Tabitha

    Tabitha greenheart

    Messages:
    1,751
    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2006
    Location:
    Ky
    well bless your heart.
    I find this very interesting! I have not had hayfever so bad in many years as this year, my first spring in Ky. Are you familiar with dolomite? this should be perfect, it is a natural product made from dolomitic limestone and consists of roughly 58% Calcium and the other 42 percent are Magnesium. Over the years I have used it for may things, (it worked great among other things to prevent those cramps once a month). I have not been able to buy dolomite anymore. None of the vitamin companies that used to sell it cheap, like 1000 pills for arond four bucks, seem to carry it anymore. Actually I am doing pretty good but I do take a homeopathic remedy once a day which keeps me free of symptoms and of course has no side effects.
    Asthma is worse when you eat Dairy products. cheese, store bought yoghurt etc are especially bad. My husband has asthma. Several years ago on German TV I watched a programm where an obese woman talked about a certain diet, (you do not eat proteins and carbohydrates together at one meal, there are also lots of neutral foods). To make a long story short, she went on this diet to lose weight and the first thing she noticed is that her Asthma practically dissappeared. .
    I tried this on my husband and he got much better, he will not admit that however. he is a meat and potatoes man. I stayed on this diet for quite a while when I started to have pains in my joints, especially in my feet, and after a while the pain was gone.
    In countryside magazine a lady wrote to the effect that she is free of allergies as long as she stays on this seperation diet.
     
  4. FeralFemale

    FeralFemale Bitter Clinger

    Messages:
    4,787
    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2006
    Thanks for the shared info!

    I am going to look into all your suggestions. I have been to 3 doctors in 6 years and each of them sort of gave up on me when they couldn't control my asthma by conventional means so I am looking into alternative remedies. I should have done this long ago. I am even discovering help for other ailments. I also have eczema on my hands which, I have read, is sometimes associated with asthma. I have been using Emu oil and could tell the difference in just ONE application!

    Nature's cures are truly amazing.
     
  5. Marilyn in CO

    Marilyn in CO Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    988
    Joined:
    May 12, 2002
    Wonderful super to hear the magnesium helped, you had a sense of what your body needed, I am all about natural/giving the body what it lacks/ cures.

    Also might want to check out www.neuromodulationtechnique.com. They have an amazing noninvasive therapy for allergies and other maladies. My GD3, GS19 and SIL have all benefited greatly from this for their allergies. SIL had severe allergies to trees, grass, molds and cats and they are gone. GS19 had asthma that required inhalers and visits to the ER and it is gone. Both had the treatments done 2 years ago. My GD3 will have her first NMT therapy done today because she has such a multitude of allergies. Also very interestesting that an old dog with congestive heart failure that the vet wanted to put down took a NMT treatment.....no more congestive heart failure. Energetic therapy is definitely rapidly developing and getting amazing results.

    allergy - n. inappropriate immune response.