Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here play'em regularly? Online or IRL? Are ya any good? We need a game room in this place!

My wife and I went to Cracker Barrel this morning (Because so many of you said they had good pancakes) and began a game while we waited to be seated...The wife stalled (my claim, she denies) long enough with her moves that we didn't get to finish the game...Drove me crazy...So much so, that I went to the little store they have and bought a mini-checkers game...We played us another game while we waited on the food...The food got there too soon so we had to pay while we ate...It really made the time waiting for our meal fly.

A while back I used to play checkers online. When someone came to my table, the first thing I'd do was ask their age...If they were under 60, then they were toast, but if they were 60+, I knew I'd have a battle on my hands...A theory that proved true every time.

(BTW, they really do have good pancakes)

·
Keeping the Dream Alive
1,270 Posts
Loved Checkers but haven't played it for yonks - Think I still have the board somewhere.

It's somewhere between Dominoes - passing the time without requiring too much mental effort, and Chess - requiring a lot of mental effort while passing the time.

Now that you've reminded me, I'll have to find it and teach my daughters to play

·
Registered
630 Posts
i have one of those JUMBO cracker barrel sets, no-one to play w tho

·
newfieannie
9,195 Posts
This is interesting because it was only a few days ago while i was cleaning out the built-in compartments under the bed that i came across many old games. one being checkers. my father and i use to play many years ago and i was very good at that time. when I get settled again I plan to get this one out. I do hope it's like riding a bike. you never forget. ...Georgia.

·
Banned
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FreightTrain said:
i have one of those JUMBO cracker barrel sets, no-one to play w tho
I'm sorry to hear that...I know shockwave.com has e-mail chess, I'll see if they have e-mail checkers too...If you know someone with e-mail, y'all can have a game. They take a while, but it's fun.

With the chess game, it gives you 30 days for each move...I'd imagine checkers (if they have it) being the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts