Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Grand Master
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TV New Zealand has opened an online- site where you can watch some of their programmes including the NZ series 'Country Calendar'.

I suggest Episode 1 and Episode 13 may be interesting to sheepherding homesteaders.

These are very small format images but I expect dial up might be inadequate.

Cheers

http://tvnzondemand.co.nz/content/ondemand_index/ondemand_skin

Edited 31 July! Sorry folks, I have since been advised that these are only available to NZ viewers! :Bawling:

·
Grand Master
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Episode 9 might be interesting too, a 500 acre island farm at muster and shearing time.

There was a good episode aired last night (28 July) but I cant see it on the website yet, a young couple take over the management of a farm called 'The Branches' in the South Island.

·
Grand Master
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone have a problem with that link? I hear some people are getting "access denied".

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
I could pull up the sight and even went so far as clicking on the different episodes but nothing ever showed up on my screen. I tried clicking on different things too but I couldn't watch any of the videos! Darn!

·
Registered
230 Posts
I can get the initial screen up but I can't watch video - I'm on dial up!LOL
Have to get to another machine soon; thanks for the tip John Hill!

·
Grand Master
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe you can try and watch it 'streaming' or you can download and watch it offline with Windoz Media Player. The information is on the site somewhere. One episode of Country Calendar is about 190MB.

·
Grand Master
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you can make it work. Episode 18 is now available and is recommended for some great scenery! A young couple take on a sheep and cattle operation in the Southern Alps.

·
Grand Master
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry folks, I have been advised that these are only available to NZ viewers! :Bawling:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts