Zone 7B
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gateway Model# K7-950 AMD Athlon 950 MHZ, 512 RAM, and 60 Gig Hard
Drive, CD Burner and CD Rom. I will also include an extra graphic card
ATI 3d Rage Pro Turbo AGP Card, extra I/O Magic Model BCE 1610IM CD
Internal Burner, and an extra Maxtor Model# 5T030h3 Hard Drive 30 Gig
= $80--

How does this system sound? I can get it for $75 and he will DELIVER it... :) What do you think? Need some ideas before 4 pm PST

·
Master Of My Domain
7,220 Posts
i think you should spend a bit more and get something newer.

·
Registered
900 Posts
It's a bit on the slow side by today's standards, but it's fast enough for XP or Linux, and the 512MB RAM is a big plus for either. Spare parts can be handy to have lying around. And there's something to be said for getting it locally and being done with it. All in all, not a bad deal, I think.

-Dan

·
Zone 7B
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, currently we have a 400 mgh pentium II processor w/ 192MB RAM and 4gig hard drive...... :( So it would be an improvement I think!! :)

I like the idea of being able to swap out parts if necessary... and I could buy some PARTS for this one to rebuild it....

Anyone want to coach me privately on how to BUILD a computer using the parts I already have and help me figure out what I need to buy to build it?????? :)

I am meeting him tonite to check it out... (he wiped the drive and its got WIN98SE on it... I have a COA WINXP so I will put it on there...

It also has 4 USB ports and is internet ready (ethernet card) But I even have a spare one of those if necessary....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts