Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Awesome moments like these have great eraser potential for other little things (like bad roads, high gas expense, poor industry) around here. Wonderful stuff. Thanks for posting.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't believe he stood still long enough for me to grab the camera and changed lenses. Too bad it's a tad out of focus though. Still! We only ever get blue herons here, and rarely at that.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Pretty pic. We have a huge one on our pond today. It was sitting on a stump all evening and would preen. We get the a blue one occasionally, but its the 2nd time this big white one has come back.

Are they both Herons? or Cranes? or are they the same thing. The white one that visits occasionally is bigger than the blue one.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think they're actually called a white egret, but I could be mistaken. I know they're not uncommon, I've just never seen one. I would love to be able to capture a good shot of the hawks we have flying overhead, but I don't have a big enough lens for that, darn it!

·
Premium Member
18,136 Posts
Cool photo! What is that anyhoo? Is it a flamingo?

U

·
0 Posts
I think it's actually called a snowy egret.... we have them around here in nebraska...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts