Cheap way to send to Canada ??????

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by KindredCanuck, Mar 18, 2004.

1. KindredCanuck

KindredCanuck In Remembrance

I sometimes want to get something on ebay.. but they say postage rates are high..

How do You send stuff to Canada ??? UPS is too expensive I am told
    KC

2. jillianjiggs

jillianjiggs Well-Known Member

I normally use USPS for things into canada. I spent $17 plus some change for a small, 5lb airmail package the other day. YEEEOUCH!

3. wr

wr Moderator Staff Member Supporter

I would recomend Greyhound, I even use them to have livestock registration papers sent up to me. It's cheap, much more efficient than our mail system and very seldom does anything go missing. Tracing lost parcels isn't quite as efficient as UPS but they do offer insurance.

4. Janon

Janon 993cc Geo Metro

I ship quite a bit between the two countries, and in my experience, its difficult to beat USPS and Canada Post for both price and speed. Watch out for UPS and other couriers, they'll ding ya for HUGE brokerage fees.

cheers,

5. RAC

RAC Guest

I wouldn't ship anything Greyhound, after our first (and last) experience, and this was in the states.

We shipped a parcel after checking both online and at the station we were shipping from that parcel service went to this particular station. Pay the money, ship the package, sister calls me up saying that she had to pick up the package from a station an hour away from where we paid to ship it. Complained to Greyhound, no money back, they blamed the station we shipped from for not checking some bulletin. Their internet site was still wrong, even after the letter we sent them complaining about it. No way, never again.