Charlotte's Web

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by teresab, Dec 18, 2006.

1. teresab

teresab Well-Known Member

Took my boys to see Charlottes Web over the weekend. It was great!! We all had a great time...I would highly recommend it to everyone of all ages.

2. kars1995

kars1995 Well-Known Member

My daughter is going to see it this Thursday. Her school Christmas parties are on Wednesday, then Thursday the school is taking a 'field trip' to the movies to see Charlottes Web and then out for pizza afterwards. All paid for by the PTA. Pretty good deal I think. We sure didn't have trips like that when we were in school. :)

3. donsgal

donsgal Nohoa Homestead

Just as a personal observation, I think it is really awful when they take a children's book and make a movie out of it. It takes away all fun of imagining what everything looks like. I read Charlotte's Web in the fourth or fifth grade and I have a very vivid recollection of what my imagination created. I would hate to have that destroyed by the workings of a hollywood director.

Next thing you know they'll make a movie of Brighty of the Grand Canyon or something. Sheesh, is nothing sacred?

donsgal

4. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

Paul Lind was A great Templton the Rat in the real movie, These remake are A horid rip off to get more money. I would refuse to watch it. And No I do not go to watch Kids movies I just remember the Original .And I don't watch remakes either.

5. Becca65

Becca65 Well-Known Member

I think it looks cute, and will probably take my kids to see it..

6. asher

asher Well-Known Member

It was okay. The kids liked it. We're reading the book together before bed time at night now, a few chapters a night. :)