Chance to buy?

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by james dilley, Dec 5, 2006.

1. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

Was offered A park model mobile home today. The payments would be $150.00 A month. NO down first payment due in Feb 2007. I Am thinking very hard about getting it.It is already set up on the property I Am buying. The people who are in it .Have not paid there Mortgage payment. And are moving. The person who holds the note wants to sell. But what Do I need with 2 homes ?? I Am in the process of rehabbing the 3 bedroom Mobile I got from the bank. The last owners had A big loan on it and never did the remodel. All I have left is some paint, And new carpet and its done. Its A odd thing what 3 weeks work and $400.00 can do. The previous buyer had A $5,000.00 loan for remodeling . And blew it on toys and junk. I Am going to talk to the seller before the weekend and cement the deal I beleive. What do you think????

2. mtman

mtman Well-Known Member

we have one friends use it when they visit its a nice one has etched glass on cabinets and washer and dryer

3. copperkid3

copperkid3 Well-Known Member

I'd give it a BIG WAIT until the present tenants move out.......then check it out thoroughly......sometimes "people" mess things up if they no longer have a stake in it. :nono: :nono: BTDT, we arranged a long-distance deal with the owner; however the tenants thought that they should have "first-dibs" on the property and when they found out that we were going to be buying it out from under them......decided to play hardball. Flat refused to move out; fortunately we had the foresight to have the owner have her X file the eviction process and the day finally arrived ........still wouldn't leave; claimed that they had no place to go.....(okay, okay....they hadn't been looking either, even though the deal took almost 10 months to complete!)
    They were heard to say to the neighbors (who were PRAYING that they would leave), that if they were forced to leave the property, that NO ONE would ever live there again....... and it almost came true! 13 people, 3 dogs, 3 cats, 6 ducks ALL living in a 2 bedroom house; oh yeah the MAIN tenant also was subletting out the garage to a vagrant who had a mattress on the floor in there. We began cleaning out the mess that was left and the Health Dept. came by on the 3rd day to condemn the property.....fortunately they actually believed us when we said that the other tenants were gone and that we were attempting to rehabilitate the place. They had left us with human excrement smeared on the walls, there was a large open hole rotted in the middle of the bathroom floor.....one could look straight down into the basement. The toilet and tub were plugged up with.......well you get the idea...... and I won't even get into how long it took to get rid of the fleas and roaches......so go easy on this DEAL and use your head; keep your eyes and ears open and be careful.