Chamoisee's Dairy Goat Forum kaput?

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Ornithic, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Ornithic

Ornithic Member

It's been since yesterday (Aug 25, 2004), that I noticed no new messages since the 21, and newer messages were gone.

Is it just me, or anyone else see this? (Maybe I have a computer connection problem?)

When I tried to post over there, it came up with a debug mode error and would not post my message.

The forum seems dead? Anyone know anything about this? If it will be fixed, or what?

There are several excellent goat forums, this being one, but I miss the informality of Chamoisee's.

Thank you.

2. LynninTX

LynninTX Well-Known Member

3. Hank - Narita

Hank - Narita Well-Known Member

Can you post the complete website? I inadvertently deleted it from my desktop. Thanks.

4. Here it is:
    http://forums.chamoisee.atypedigital.com/

I never posted there, but read it almost every day in my ongoing research for someday keeping goats.

It was a wealth of information, both anecdotal and "book" stuff.

I sure hope it comes back.
    Vicki, (Lonesome Doe Nubians) was a very experienced poster there.

5. Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians

Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians Well-Known Member

Hi! We have limped along on that board without a search, and now with our fearless leader Chamoisee missing in action, life happens kind of stuff, we are all going to crash here, kind of like coming back home really. I hope it goes back up long enough to pull of our FAQ section, with some stuff on it like the saanendoah.com drug list, that is nowhere to be found on the internet anymore.

So hope you all don't mind the dairygoat influx and of course the big ole opinons of me :p Vicki

6. countrygrrrl

countrygrrrl PITA

I, for one, am glad to see the big ole opinions of Vicki McNaugh anytime and esp. on the goat board. :D

And I am glad to have the link to the other board --- I lost it some time ago and have sorely missed lurking there!

7. westbrook

westbrook In Remembrance

I am also glad you all have come back home! please don't leave home again...maybe act like you have divorced parents and spend time in both places?

<smile>

8. Hank - Narita

Hank - Narita Well-Known Member

Welcome home. Did you bring Bernice with you? Sure missed seeing lots of interesting goat forum postings. They are lots of newbies waiting for your sage advice. Don't leave again, OK?

9. okiemom

okiemom Well-Known Member

Glad all the goaters are back :dance: !
    But PLEASE lets all try to agree to disagree. I know I need all the help I can get :rolleyes: ;) . And the dairy vs. meat debate is rather old as are some of the other debates. Lets all stick together. Again, welcome home!Katharine

10. Laura Workman

Laura Workman (formerly Laura Jensen) Supporter

Hey Vicki, I did snag the Saanendoah medicine pages before they were removed. The links don't work, of course, but the info is there. If there's something I can do to make them accessible to others, and it's desirable that I do so, let me know.

11. westbrook

westbrook In Remembrance

Laura...

yes!!!! I had saved them also and my computer crashed! every thing was lost...I know I should have printed them out but I fear the kids wore out the old printer before I got a new one.

If I raise both hands can I get two votes to get them up, posted or accessable? <grin>

12. yarrow

yarrow Ages Ago Acres Nubians Supporter

Laura wrote:

If I raise both hands can I get two votes to get them up, posted or accessable? <grin>

13. Corky

Corky Well-Known Member

I got in over there just as it was crashing I guess. Some really wierd things were happening.
    There were new posts that said they were from me but were not my posts. Also, as you read down a topic at the answers there were answers to other threads on it. Really strange! Then, some didn't think their posts were going in because of the debug thing but they were.

Anyway, I'm here too. I usually come here to lerk anyway.Now I guess I will not have so many sites to have to go to to get my info. Good!
    Hi Vicki! :)

14. teddybear

teddybear Member

There are new posts there dated today. Hope it continues, seems like an interesting site.

15. Mr. Dot

Mr. Dot Well-Known Member

Howdy Vicki
    I don't spend much time here of late but do check in now and again. Nice to see you posting again.
    Cheers,

16. geminigoats

geminigoats Well-Known Member

Hi Narita,

I happened to be looking for the Chamoisee site and lost the link. So, decided to come here to check to see if the ole' gang was back. Sadly, :waa: I see only a few are. And...oh so many new names here. Thanks for mentioning me, that made my day. :) I haven't been around much the past year due to some pretty serious health problems combined with personal issues. I am a bit better now.

To everyone else, I look forward to meeting you and talking about one of my favorite subjects: Goaties):):) if I can be of any help in any way I will gladly try to help.

Bernice

17. Laura Workman

Laura Workman (formerly Laura Jensen) Supporter

Hey Bernice!! So good to hear from you! Welcome, welcome!

18. Queen Bee

Queen Bee Well-Known Member Supporter

Boy, is it nice to see all these "ole timers" back on here! Really missed hearing all your comments--Vicki, Bernice welcome back and I hope you'll decide to stay.. Debbie

19. geminigoats

geminigoats Well-Known Member

Hi Debbie,

Thanks. I didn't know Vicki and some of the others had come back to the roost when i posted. I saw Vicki mention Chamoisee was going down. So, its nice to see the old gang back here for me too. I don't feel like a stranger in an old place.

Laura, Thanks for the Welcome!

Bernice

20. Cara

Cara Well-Known Member

Glad you gals are back!