CEOs support DREAMERS

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Irish Pixie, Jan 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clem

Clem Realist

Your being happy makes my life complete. Shall I bake you a cake?

2. Texaspredatorhu

Texaspredatorhu Well-Known Member

Nah, I can make my own if I want.

Kiamichi Kid likes this.

3. Kiamichi Kid

Kiamichi Kid The Renegade...

Exactly! What one person receives without having worked for.. another has worked for without receiving...!!!

4. hardrock

hardrock Well-Known Member

His problem, Texas, is he wants to use YOUR MONEY, not his.

5. Irish Pixie

Irish Pixie Well-Known Member

What makes you think that those that support programs for poor people don't pay taxes? Do you understand that there are people that give their money VOLUNTARILY to help others?

6. Texaspredatorhu

They why do they need my money? Not enough people who voluntarily donate? And are they really donating for the cause or the tax right off??? I donate hunts and a rifle once a month to my fellow veterans. I gave them a means to feed themselves. I share my beef, pork, and chickens with my neighbors when I slaughter. I don’t have to and they aren’t hurting money wise but I have plenty so why not hook up my neighbors. They all work hard and help me when I need help around the ranch.
    Food for thought....maybe we should make it a reward system. Work hard for the taxpayers and they will provide, be a dirtbag and get nothing! Nah....that would be asking too much and that would be demeaning I guess.

Kiamichi Kid likes this.
  7. Texaspredatorhu

Yeah your probably right, be the same type to whine about tax cuts that keep more money in their pockets!

Kiamichi Kid likes this.
  8. hardrock

hardrock Well-Known Member

Don't try to tell me what I think. Yes, I do understand very well.
    What makes you think.....er...never mind.

JeffreyD and Kiamichi Kid like this.
  9. Irish Pixie

Everyone pays taxes in one way or another, why shouldn't you?

I'm glad I don't think that people are dirt bags and beneath contempt like you seem to do, it must make living in a first world country such a burden for you.

10. Irish Pixie

Oh, I must have misunderstood your post: "His problem, Texas, is he wants to use YOUR MONEY, not his. LOL

11. Jolly

Jolly Well-Known Member

I thought y'all made more than we did. A RN Sup B tops out at $107,000/year down here.

http://www.civilservice.louisiana.gov/asp/ReferenceAndReporting/DisplayJobSpec.aspx?JobCode=172640

Being New York and all, then I guess he makes north of $90K. Good for him!

Second point...While skilled craftspeople are certainly worth more than unskilled labor, there is no way I'd equate a physician with a plumber, electrician or any of the trades. I can make a journeyman plumber in four years of apprenticeship and work. I can't even hardly get a prospective physician out of undergrad in the same amount of time. As people, sure, they are all of equal worth, but in an open job market the doctor should be worth more than the plumber.

Third, a plumber will be paid during his apprenticeship. A doctor will not be paid anything until his residency. And the plumber will go to school much cheaper than university or medical school. Most docs I know come out with a total student debt load of around $200,000 or more. I doubt many plumbers turn out with 200 grand in debt.

Lastly, if the plumbing stops up, it's an inconvenience. Very few people die from a commode that won't flush or an electrical outlet that won't work.

JeffreyD likes this.
  12. Texaspredatorhu

My bad, I guess me and the people that live off the government are equal. Because of people like me we work for those who won’t. Because of people like me we are willing to defend your right to vote, say ignorant things, and go about your business freely. I believe that people like you are the problem with this country. You try to help these people who aren’t working better themselves and you can’t even help them help themselves, they want it all for free! Piss on that, take your butt to work and earn it.

nehimama, Kiamichi Kid and mnn2501 like this.
  13. mnn2501

mnn2501 Dallas

And I could argue about its effectiveness - it's a 'one-size-fits-all' solution when in fact it doesn't work for far too many students. But that's a whole different thread

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  14. Irish Pixie

What's that thing you people say, "There but for the grace of God, go I"?

15. GTX63

GTX63 Well-Known Member

Lol..."You people"....

JeffreyD likes this.
  16. Yvonne's hubby

Yvonne's hubby Murphy was an optimist ;) Staff Member

Setting aside those unfortunates who are either mentally or physically handicapped that most folks agree need to be taken care of, why should anyone be expected to give their hard earned dollars to anyone one else? Because they have it? Because the other feller deserves more? I've never quite understood that whole rob the rich and give to the poor nonsense. Robin Hood was a thief, nothing more. Al Capone was well known for taking care of the widows and orphans too.

mnn2501 likes this.
  17. Jolly

Jolly Well-Known Member

Bible says that if a man wants to eat, he should work. It also tells us to help the poor, even though they will always be with us.

That tells me we should help our fellow man, but the object of our help should also be trying to do better.

18. Clem

Clem Realist

Hey check this out, I just this minute made it up!
    "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Ahh, never mind. You certainly are in a class outside those others.

19. Texaspredatorhu

Yeah I fall into a better class of losers!

Irish Pixie likes this.
  20. Clem

Clem Realist

You gotta admit, though, it's a catchy sentence. I'm thinking it can be used somewhere, sometime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.