Census online? Or how to find person

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by cc-rider, Aug 30, 2004.

1. cc-rider

cc-rider Baroness of TisaWee Farm Supporter

Realizing my own mortality, I've decided that I need to start telling people NOW how much they've meant to me in the past.

When I was very young, our next-door neighbors were Mr and Mrs Leedy. I remember they had a son Victor. Mrs Leedy (Leady?? Dunno... I was only 5!!)

Mrs. Leedy was the mother I never had. She helped me bake cookies and taught me to ride a bicycle. I'd like to thank her for that. They moved from the area when I was 5.

But I have no clue how to find her! Any help would be appreciated!

2. whodunit

whodunit Well-Known Member Supporter

http://www.whitepages.com/ Might be of help to you.

I found a friend I had lost for 10 years through internet searches.

Mrs Whodunit

3. cc-rider

cc-rider Baroness of TisaWee Farm Supporter

Thank you!!!!! I did find a Victor Leady in a town about 30 miles from where they would have lived. And he is 45.... which is a year younger than myself. Could be him!!! I'm not going to buy the report, but by having the name of the town, I can look him up in Anywho.

Thanks!!!!!
    Chris

4. Windy in Kansas

Windy in Kansas In Remembrance

I personally like Switchboard.com for phone directory searching. When searching you can also just enter a letter where the last name goes and it will yield everyone in that town with a last name starting with that letter. Typically only good for small town searches or printing off a telephone book for another area if needed.

Census records are not released until 72 years after they are taken. The 1930 was just released last year, so it will be awhile before the next.

I'd stick with directories like switchboard.com whowhere.com and yahoo.com search.