cell "call capture" technology?

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by leaping leon, May 1, 2005.

1. leaping leon

leaping leon Well-Known Member

We have lousy cell phone reception where we're moving to (some transmission, but it comes and goes). I've done some online research trying to find who has the best coverage, how to extend the cell range and reception, other "line free" options, etc. I ran across this new technology at http://cellcapture.com Has anyone tried this; or know anyone who has?

A lot of us would benefit from this.

I'm also posting this on another forum, since it's so new and probably not too many people know about it.

2. mohillbilly

mohillbilly Well-Known Member

It is not a "new" technology. This idea has been around for at least 10 years in one form or another.. Years ago, part of my job involved cell phones and the repair and occasional installation of them. So I have some experience with them.

The device they are showing, at least to me, is a joke. Dont waste your money. They are trying to pass it off as "passive unpowered repeater". Basically the few milliwatts of power from your phone cannot be magically put into another ant. not even hooked to it and re-sent with more power or gain.

If it is even still possibel, the older motorola bag phones were of 3 watts and could really get out. that would be iseal. But, today everthing is digital and I dont think any company would even activate an old phone like that.

There is only one other option I can think of if service is that bad, 2 meter ham liscense, and a auto-patch

3. John Hill

John Hill Grand Master

They are? When I clicked on the link I found a description that includes an amplifier.