Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
21,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They now say all that disinfecting of surfaces is not required because the chance of getting COVID from an infected surface is 1 in 10,000. They say the only surfaces needing disinfecting would be where a known infected person had been in the last 24 hours.

(51) CDC: Low risk of getting COVID-19 from surfaces - YouTube

·
Registered
21,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
That would mean all the scare tactic stories about the virus living for days, weeks, or months on surfaces were completely false. I wonder how many millions of dollars were spent on those bottles of spray sanitizer needlessly.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
When the pandemic first started, I would wipe the touch screen at the gas pump, and the pump handle, all I can say is it needed it, who knows what else is hanging out on things like that.
I also take advantage of the wipes the grocery has for the carts.

I couldn't find any sanitizing products even If I wanted to buy them, they seem to be back on the shelf now.

·
Premium Member
5,822 Posts
I always use the wipes at the store for the carts. Even before the pandemic. I've seen too much in my life to want to touch some of the things I've seen on and in carts.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Your immune system--- Use it or lose it.

Having worked in restaurants, I know how filthy the kitchens really are....yet, think about it--- It's not like people are dropping dead of food poisoning.

It's one thing for a surgeon to wash his hands before sticking a dirty finger in an open wound, a situation where the body's first line of defense (intact skin) is compromised, but quite another to feed yourself with dirty hands-- We're built to take that. Why do you think stomach acid is so strong? Cave men didn't have soap.

We're tougher than most people think, and too clean weakens us.

...and the CDC?... a political propaganda unit, not a scientific organization.

·
Registered
129 Posts
A read an article on that a couple of days ago. It is infuriating that they've used their scare tactics to successfully shut our country down. NOW they call all the sanitizing efforts "theatrics", which is what many of us have been saying all along. So, when are they gonna agree with us and tell everyone to stop the mask theatrics? It is clear to many of us that wearing a mask does nothing but signify our acquiescence to the feelings police and the willingness to just do whatever the government tells us to do without question.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
A read an article on that a couple of days ago. It is infuriating that they've used their scare tactics to successfully shut our country down. NOW they call all the sanitizing efforts "theatrics", which is what many of us have been saying all along. So, when are they gonna agree with us and tell everyone to stop the mask theatrics? It is clear to many of us that wearing a mask does nothing but signify our acquiescence to the feelings police and the willingness to just do whatever the government tells us to do without question.
I'm on my third or fourth mask in a year. They wouldn't filter out drywall dust...

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Your immune system--- Use it or lose it.

Having worked in restaurants, I know how filthy the kitchens really are....yet, think about it--- It's not like people are dropping dead of food poisoning.

It's one thing for a surgeon to wash his hands before sticking a dirty finger in an open wound, a situation where the body's first line of defense (intact skin) is compromised, but quite another to feed yourself with dirty hands-- We're built to take that. Why do you think stomach acid is so strong? Cave men didn't have soap.

We're tougher than most people think, and too clean weakens us.

...and the CDC?... a political propaganda unit, not a scientific organization.
A-freaking-MEN, I can not get those around me to understand this concept, I've even tried to remind the mom's and dad's in my circle of how important it was to ensure their babies had controlled exposure to the world around them else they have no defenses other than what hopefully was passed on through nursing.

·
Registered
15,896 Posts
A-freaking-MEN, I can not get those around me to understand this concept, I've even tried to remind the mom's and dad's in my circle of how important it was to ensure their babies had controlled exposure to the world around them else they have no defenses other than what hopefully was passed on through nursing.
If we keep this up in a hundred years everyone will have to live in a bubble.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I remember as a kid playing outside all day, drinking from the garden hose, getting dirty and eating the sandwiches mom put out on the picnic table without washing hands. We were never sick. Still to this day I am rarely ill and I'm not a huge stickler for sanitizing everything. Never use that hand sanitizer junk. Kids nowadays are washed so much and sanitized they are always sick.....

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Our house did the cleaning lots on the begin but supply was hard to find. Once we ran out the cost added up too

·
Super Moderator
9,544 Posts
oh the market knew what was going on before the cdc let on
April 7 ,2020 10 dollars for a 16 ounce bottle of hand sanitizer as manufactures are turning it out as fast as they can distilleries are making hand sanitizer
April 7 ,2021 $0.99 for a 16 ounce bottle of hand sanitizer

April 7 , 2020 45 dollars a brick of primers and 20 dollars a box of 9mm
April 7 , 2021 , the clerk is wondering what rock you crawled out from under there haven't been any primers in 11 and a half months and they sell for 350.00 a brick on gun broker and you may purchase 1 box of 9mm at 50 dollars a box if you would like more than one box of 9mm buy one of the 5 remaining handguns in the store case and they will sell you 4 boxes of 9mm with the gun at 50 dollars a box.

and every ammo manufacturer is putting out videos how they are working more hours and turning out more ammo than they ever have before

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
If we keep this up in a hundred years everyone will have to live in a bubble.
I wish it were that simple, my friend.

Within 99 years, we will have declared spherical solids to be a disadvantaged class, and any mention of a bubble will be declared orb-hate.

We’ve lived Idiocracy, 1984, and Brave New World. For class tomorrow, be prepared for a quiz on Flat Land.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
I wish it were that simple, my friend.

Within 99 years, we will have declared spherical solids to be a disadvantaged class, and any mention of a bubble will be declared orb-hate.

We’ve lived Idiocracy, 1984, and Brave New World. For class tomorrow, be prepared for a quiz on Flat Land.
It sounds like we're surrounded by idiots! I've been wondering for years? Trust me I'm getting tired of doing the vast majority of the thinking and the labor!!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts