Homesteading Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,864 Posts
The Conservative Party in Canada is about like the Conservative Party in the UK. The word Conservative is in the title, and that is pretty much the extent of their Conservatism. Marxist light?
The last leader tried hard to be liberal light. The current leader is fairly conservative. Our problem here, is that the current pm and his band of childish fools, has shifted so far left, dragging all the parties with them. And the CBC and some other media attack conservatives as some kind of freaks who have no place in Canada and so they contribute to the pathetic situation we are in today up here.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Yes. Between 1 and 1.6 BILLION a year. No conservative has had the nerve to banish it yet. The current leader has mused about it. It needs to go. HAS to go. It’s an alt left rag. It’s dreadful.
I have voted all over the map. I also listen to cbc radio regularly, and watch their news irregularly - and never the opinion shows. Small towns don’t get much signal but we get the cbc. I really like As It Happens after the 6pm news. And while it can be a long and boring show there is value listening to Cross country checkup so long as they aren’t discussing covid 😂 They even let conservatives on 😂
There’s plenty of good stuff on the CBC, pick and choose your programs. The cons that are always calling for defunding are basically virtue signalling IMO.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
That sounds grand... Merry Mabon to you:

Equal hours of light and darkness. we celebrate the balance of Mabon and ask the gods to bless us. For all that is bad, there is good. For that which is despair, there is hope. For the moments of pain, there are moments of love. For all that falls, there is the chance to rise again. May we find balance in our lives.
Thank you and Merry Mabon to you too. Here in my location the week of Mabon this year goes from September 21st to September 29 and here at this latitude Sunday, September 25th will be when the sun rises at 7:01 a.m. and sets at 7:01 p.m. On that day starting at 11 a.m. as all the distant churchbells will be ringing and pagan drums near and far are being drummed I will be smudging and feathering the highrise building and property I live on, all the grounds, gardens and flower beds and will work out in a spiral to cover my neighbours buildings and properties too. Then afterwards I'll be doing my own style of pipe-smoking and drumming up on the top deck.

And yes, my neighbours all around have become accustomed to this quirky old garden lady's little rituals. Some of them even save found feathers to bring out for me to smudge them when they see me doing my smudging rounds and then they go home to do feathering inside their homes with those feathers. I taught them how to do it and they love the ritual. 😊

Have a good one.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
I know that. I'm just saying he is making a mockery of women by doing that.
I agree that's what he's doing, it's his sole purpose just as making a mockery of women is the sole purpose of drag queens who have always done it under the guise of "entertainment" for other people who feel the need to mock women. Only the teacher is blatantly mentally ill too and he should never have been hired to be working with children.

591 Posts
Shapiro describes himself as a conservative political commentator, his views are controversial — and some are outright discriminatory. He's suggested, for example, that transgender people suffer from a "mental disorder."

Shapiro is not affiliated with any hate group, experts in media, gender studies and the radicalization of young men say that the commentator's content is prevalent in online extremist communities.

So yo are saying that the trans thing is normal, esp. WRT the relatively huge numbers we are currently seeing?

(When I was a bouy, I wanted to have my hair a different color and hounded my Mom about it. One day she came into my room with some dye and said "Okay, let's do it", I couldn't back away fast enough. Part of growing up is not being happy. We grow out of it)

591 Posts
I'd heard the name before but I had no idea who Ben Shapiro is and had to look him up online just now.

In a nutshell this seems to kind of sum him up - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Shapiro

I'm not a CBC fan but I occasionally watch some of their specials. I don't know why anyone would think that CBC would be wasting their time setting their sights on Shapiro?? :unsure:

Why would they care about someone like him? He isn't even a Canadian, and not what I'd call influential or important to most Canadians, if they even have a clue who the guy is, and that's a big if.

There's nothing particularly unusual or special about the guy based on what I read about him. He seems to be like a typical out-spoken American far right religious conservative. At times he's crude and vulgar the way he expresses himself, like somebody trying to seem cool and appealing to a young and/or under educated or misinformed society but there's nothing new about that in this day and age and the guy is clearly very intelligent and knows a lot about a lot of things and is still applying himself to learning how to better inform himself. He isn't mediocre.

I wouldn't be adverse to meeting the guy and having a friendly, casual conversation with him but he's kind of small foreign fry and I think CBC has much bigger fish to fry than somebody like him. At least at this time anyway.

Ben Shapiro is big in conservative circles. he has his own successful business and does not cater to mere opinions, he is fact based.

Also, Wikipedia has gone woke so I would take anything Wiki says with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Ben Shapiro is big in conservative circles. he has his own successful business and does not cater to mere opinions, he is fact based.

Also, Wikipedia has gone woke so I would take anything Wiki says with a grain of salt.
Thanks for the warning. I do keep it in consideration to check out several sites when I'm looking for information and I try to stick with posting whatever information is the most neutral and non-biased. That's because I try to avoid the muddy polarity trap that exists in USA and that so many Americans seem to be irrevocably trapped in now, otherwise that polarity muddies the waters of logic and reason.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Said the carrot in the stew.
Okay, even I find that funny since it's at least partially true. This carrot has dual citizenship with one toe still dangling in the polarity stew but gradually hauling that leg up over the rim of the pot intending to plant it firmly on the other side where there's a plurality of 5 or 6 or 7 sides to every issue instead of just a polarity. As more and more of the distant and polarized relatives inside the stew pot are dying off it's becoming easier to not care as much about the simmering stew as I used to, but like all stews I still feel like it's begging to me to be stirred up once in a while and for me to lick the wooden spoon. 😋

41 - 56 of 56 Posts