Homesteading Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
42,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
CBC is woke alt left, 24/7. It’s pathetic. It needs to be banned as it has no place using my money against my will, to promote evil.
I'd say the same for our NPR

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Is it really? I can't help wondering how many folks in America are actually familiar with a lot of CBC's news articles, TV shows and radio broadcasts and are familiar enough with what CBC's mission statement is since its inception in 1936?
CBC News - Wikipedia

"Several news outlets and politicians have accused the CBC of liberal bias in its news coverage, including the National Post,[26] former prime minister Stephen Harper[27] and columnist Barbara Amiel.[28]
"Public surveys in 2002 suggest that the CBC was viewed as less objective than other Canadian news networks, with results suggesting potential left-wing bias.[29][30]

Public surveys in 2002 suggest that the CBC was viewed as less objective than other Canadian news networks, with results suggesting potential left-wing bias.[29][30]"

I've always been given to understand from Americans that Americans couldn't care less about CBC and don't pay any attention to it since it's the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation.

Generally, most of us don't... but not when they stick their nose in our business and attack us.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Yep. Canadians know the same feeling. I guess there are double standards on both sides, right?
Commenting on world affairs by the average person is a far cry from articles and comments by government run/endorsed platforms. I don't recall any official US sources commenting much on Canada... care to give some examples???

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
:
:

I guess after all, after listening to that video, that I wouldn't be able to have a conversation with that Shapiro guy if I met him as there is something really wrong with his vocal cords and fast speech that hurts my ears. :eek: He sounds squeaky like one of the Chipmunks, or like he's been sucking helium gas and crack cocaine out of a balloon.

I think the teacher with the prosthetic breasts is behaving like a murder victim looking for a place for his murder to happen. I wonder how long it will be before somebody throws a lit molotov cocktail at him to see if those prosthetics will melt or explode in his face. Seriously, that man needs to be institutionalized and the same thing goes for whoever it was that hired him to work in an elementary school.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Commenting on world affairs by the average person is a far cry from articles and comments by government run/endorsed platforms. I don't recall any official US sources commenting much on Canada... care to give some examples???
No, but thank you for asking nicely. It's not worth the stress to get into all that crap and I'm headed outside now to smoke a nice pipe full of kinnickinnick and go prune some shrubs and play with flowers and bees and red-shafted flickers in the sunshine and commune with the spirits of nature.

Although, yeah, PW hit the nail on the head .......Trump for sure was a nightmare. That man has something really seriously wrong with him, he told some of the most horrific lies about Canada that I could have ever imagined would come out of any American president's mouth. I was even more horrified and stunned that there were/are people who believed him. He's another one that needs to be institutionalized.

Y'all have a nice day now.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
No, but thank you for asking nicely. It's not worth the stress to get into all that crap and I'm headed outside now to smoke a nice pipe full of kinnickinnick and go prune some shrubs and play with flowers and bees and red-shafted flickers in the sunshine and commune with the spirits of nature.

Y'all have a nice day now.
That sounds grand... Merry Mabon to you:

Equal hours of light and darkness. we celebrate the balance of Mabon and ask the gods to bless us. For all that is bad, there is good. For that which is despair, there is hope. For the moments of pain, there are moments of love. For all that falls, there is the chance to rise again. May we find balance in our lives.

·
Registered
42,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
CBC — much like the media companies here in the U.S. — is so greatly bothered by the rise of independent media voices who provide a counter to the messaging it promotes.

CBC does not like that listeners also have the option to consume Shapiro — who has a combined 9.4 million subscribers and followers on YouTube and Twitter — in addition to all the like-minded left-wing outlets, like Slate.

Censorship is about controlling the forms of messaging. Shapiro, who has the most-downloaded political podcast, is a threat to that very messaging.

He’s also been harder to cancel because his opinions do not lean on the fringes, as they say Andrew Tate’s do. There’s nothing more dangerous to mainstream media than a conservative voice that an outlet cannot easily label as alt-Right.

The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation would prefer a one-opinion fits all media institution and for the cancellation of Ben Shapiro.

If the CBC were any more pathetic, it’d be NPR.

Reactions: JeffreyD

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
Yes. Between 1 and 1.6 BILLION a year. No conservative has had the nerve to banish it yet. The current leader has mused about it. It needs to go. HAS to go. It’s an alt left rag. It’s dreadful.
The Conservative Party in Canada is about like the Conservative Party in the UK. The word Conservative is in the title, and that is pretty much the extent of their Conservatism. Marxist light?

·
Registered
20,027 Posts
Yes. Between 1 and 1.6 BILLION a year. No conservative has had the nerve to banish it yet. The current leader has mused about it. It needs to go. HAS to go. It’s an alt left rag. It’s dreadful.
Taxpayer funded news media sounds wrong to me. Cant they make a profit on their own? Even PBS uses donations I have heard.

·
Registered
20,027 Posts
I know a woman who was close to that big and had to have surgery for health concerns. It took years of medical bills relating to those breast before the insurance would even consider it. No woman I know wants to have breasts that large.

·
Registered
I'm on lifetime homesteading project number 5, all in Indiana and Michigan.
165 Posts
I know a woman who was close to that big and had to have surgery for health concerns. It took years of medical bills relating to those breast before the insurance would even consider it. No woman I know wants to have breasts that large.
Ahem. That's a dude and they're fake.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Taxpayer funded news media sounds wrong to me. Cant they make a profit on their own? Even PBS uses donations I have heard.
CBC isn't a profit driven organization, it's a Crown corporation FOR the public.

I couldn't find it for 2020 - 2021 but here is the CBC's report for 2018-2019 annual revenue and other sources of funds. CBC isn't entirely funded by the Crown alone, and the Crown funding isn't as high as has been implied. It also has other sources of funding to help keep it going and providing services to the public .

This following revenue report gives the numbers for government funding, advertising revenue, subscriber fees, financing and other income which includes income from things like digital funding, television funding, both ongoing and Olympics-driven income from activities such as the rental of real estate assets, content sales, leasing of space at transmission sites, host broadcasting sports events such as the Olympic Games or World Championships and contributions from the Canada Media Fund.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts