Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
42,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The CBC is Canada's version of our NPR. Founded in 1941, CBC News is Canada's publicly owned news and information service. We are rooted in every region of the country and report on Canada and the world to provide a Canadian perspective on news and current affairs.

"It started out pretty benign," he recalls. "You're watching something about teen fashion and then the next thing you know, the algorithm would push you to a Ben Shapiro video."

Shapiro describes himself as a conservative political commentator, his views are controversial — and some are outright discriminatory. He's suggested, for example, that transgender people suffer from a "mental disorder."

Shapiro is not affiliated with any hate group, experts in media, gender studies and the radicalization of young men say that the commentator's content is prevalent in online extremist communities.

·
Registered
42,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
9,787 Posts

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
W T F?!?!
  • A man with obvious psychiatric issues.
  • A school or school system that is ignoring those issues in the name of wokeness.
  • Children that are being affected by those issues... in the very least as a disruption of their learning.
  • A bunch of woke liberals who are or will try to defend the man with psychiatric issues instead of the children.
I think that covers the gist of it.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
So Ben Shapiro is a bad, hateful man for stating that he suspects the freak in the picture above has mental issues.

There’s nothing real left in reality.
I can't wait to see how our resident wokeys try to justify this one :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
Gender dysmorphia. Not even real women want those.

Good luck on attacking Ben Shapiro. He has a quick mind, huge vocabulary, and knife edge wit.
Most importantly, he isn't scared. This can only be stopped when people quit clutching their pearls and stand up for the truth.

·
Registered
9,787 Posts
Gender dysmorphia. Not even real women want those.

Good luck on attacking Ben Shapiro. He has a quick mind, huge vocabulary, and knife edge wit.
They’ll attack him, and they’ll declare victory after slaughtering the army of strawmen they erect around him, but they’ll never actually touch him or his argument.

Nobody, man, woman or non-gender specific iguana, blessed with a career of teaching manufacturing technologies to excited kids, would go out of their way to make the focus about them and their unrealized desire to have freakishly giant tits, instead of the, you know, kids and manufacturing technologies, if they didn’t have a mental disorder.

·
Registered
7,126 Posts
Nobody, man, woman or non-gender specific iguana, blessed with a career of teaching manufacturing technologies to excited kids, would go out of their way to make the focus about them and their unrealized desire to have freakishly giant tits, instead of the, you know, kids and manufacturing technologies, if they didn’t have a mental disorder.
I wonder if he's deliberately trying to push the school into firing or suspending him so that he can sue.
South Park did an episode like that with Mr. Garrison.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Ugh! That teacher is not a safe, caring, inclusive, equitable and welcoming person and I seriously doubt that he identifies as a woman to himself when he's alone. He IS a mentally ill freak who is using his illness as an excuse to more easily enable himself to make a mockery of women in general. That school is enabling him to demonstrate that he is not a safe, caring, inclusive, equitable and welcoming person.

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
I wonder if he's deliberately trying to push the school into firing or suspending him so that he can sue.
Sadly, our reality now was predicted by The Simpsons and South Park. The Babylon Bee has their historical record of their own Book of Prophecy that is now 76 web pages long that accurately predicted what would happen.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
He probably is pushing the school to fire him. He probably got the idea from watching South Park.

Whether the school fires him or not, I don't think he will be able to behave that way for very long. He's taking his life into his hands now.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
I'd heard the name before but I had no idea who Ben Shapiro is and had to look him up online just now.

In a nutshell this seems to kind of sum him up - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Shapiro

I'm not a CBC fan but I occasionally watch some of their specials. I don't know why anyone would think that CBC would be wasting their time setting their sights on Shapiro?? :unsure:

Why would they care about someone like him? He isn't even a Canadian, and not what I'd call influential or important to most Canadians, if they even have a clue who the guy is, and that's a big if.

There's nothing particularly unusual or special about the guy based on what I read about him. He seems to be like a typical out-spoken American far right religious conservative. At times he's crude and vulgar the way he expresses himself, like somebody trying to seem cool and appealing to a young and/or under educated or misinformed society but there's nothing new about that in this day and age and the guy is clearly very intelligent and knows a lot about a lot of things and is still applying himself to learning how to better inform himself. He isn't mediocre.

I wouldn't be adverse to meeting the guy and having a friendly, casual conversation with him but he's kind of small foreign fry and I think CBC has much bigger fish to fry than somebody like him. At least at this time anyway.

·
Marked safe from the TP famine of 2020.
21,665 Posts
I'd heard the name before but I had no idea who Ben Shapiro is and had to look him up online just now.

In a nutshell this seems to kind of sum him up - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Shapiro

I'm not a CBC fan but I occasionally watch some of their specials. I don't know why anyone would think that CBC would be wasting their time setting their sights on Shapiro?? :unsure:

Why would they care about someone like him? He isn't even a Canadian, and not what I'd call influential or important to most Canadians, if they even have a clue who the guy is, and that's a big if.

There's nothing particularly unusual or special about the guy based on what I read about him. He seems to be like a typical out-spoken American far right religious conservative. At times he's crude and vulgar the way he expresses himself, like somebody trying to seem cool and appealing to a young and/or under educated or misinformed society but there's nothing new about that in this day and age and the guy is clearly very intelligent and knows a lot about a lot of things and is still applying himself to learning how to better inform himself. He isn't mediocre.

I wouldn't be adverse to meeting the guy and having a friendly, casual conversation with him but he's kind of small foreign fry and I think CBC has much bigger fish to fry than somebody like him. At least at this time anyway.

I have never watched CBC but, it it is anything like our NPR they would be just petty enough to attack anyone who they deem "less" which would include anyone who doesn't align directly with their political stances. Everything is racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, whateverphobic etc, except, of course anything the Left likes.

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
I have never watched CBC but, it it is anything like our NPR they would be just petty enough to attack anyone who they deem "less" which would include anyone who doesn't align directly with their political stances. Everything is racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, whateverphobic etc, except, of course anything the Left likes.
Othering is the MO of the CBC, NPR, PBS, CNN.....etc. This has been done before.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Othering is the MO of the CBC, .....
Is it really? I can't help wondering how many folks in America are actually familiar with a lot of CBC's news articles, TV shows and radio broadcasts and are familiar enough with what CBC's mission statement is since its inception in 1936?

I've always been given to understand from Americans that Americans couldn't care less about CBC and don't pay any attention to it since it's the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts