cattle wormer to mix in water?

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by sweetbabyjane, Feb 9, 2004.

1. sweetbabyjane

sweetbabyjane Well-Known Member Supporter

Hi Everyone,
    Does anyone know of a cattle wormer that can be mixed in water? We got the Dexter bulletin about a week ago and a guy in there mixed a cup of something with 50 gallons of water every six weeks or so to worm his animals. I think it was Shaklee something or other. I searched the Shaklee sites but can't find anything for cows, and of course I can't find the bulletin. :(

Checked Tractor Supply Co. yesterday and they only have the wormer blocks and Ivermectin. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    SBJ

2. Carol K

Carol K Well-Known Member

SBJ,
    they were probably talking about the soap, Shaklee Basic H soap. I don't believe Shaklee endorses it for worming, but I have heard many use it that way. I know Joel Salatin does. I looked in his book salad bar Beef and he uses 1 tablespoon to 5 gallons of water which translates to just over 1 cup per hubdred gallons. He says he's been using it for 10 years.
    Maybe Google it and see what you can research.

Carol

3. sweetbabyjane

Thanks Carol. I think it had a number behind it, like Shaklee 620. Soap, huh. :eek:

Thanks again,
    SBJ

4. Ken Scharabok

Ken Scharabok In Remembrance

I am about 99.9% certain it would have been Shaklee Basic-H.

Ken Scharabok

5. sweetbabyjane

Well, I must have made up the part about the number. It's heck getting old. :)

Searched around and found the articles by Joel Salatin and a partial one from Ken. Looks interesting. Does anyone know a good place to order Shaklee Basic H from? Any feed stores carry it, or do you have to order it off the internet?

Thanks for your time,
    SBJ

6. Ken Scharabok

Ken Scharabok In Remembrance

Shaklee is sold through local distributions - something like Avon. If you go to www.shaklee.net I think it has a search option by zip code. You can order directly from them at www.shaklee.com. (I may have the two sites reversed.)

Ken Scharabok

7. sweetbabyjane

8. Belle

Belle Active Member

I use diatomaceous earth in water. My DH does it and I'll get back to you with the right mix to use.