Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
My kids have hooves
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scooter's voice has been really hoarse the last few days. He's nearly 15, but other than having radiation treatment for his thyroid a year ago, he's very healthy.

No sneezing, coughing, or runny eyes. Behavior is normal. He does like to drink water from the bathtub spout and occasionally gets some up his nose.

Any ideas? I've had a cold this week. Could we be sharing germs?

·
Registered
265 Posts
To me, that has always been the telltale sign that they are starting kidney problems. It has happened every time when my cats have had renal failure. I would suggest some bloodwork if you are able to do it. I am just saying based on my experiences and I have lost four to renal disease in my time.

·
Super Moderator
16,911 Posts
OUCH!

I will have to get blood work done on my Siamese if his voice does not clear up.

His voice went hoarse when he got a gum infection: the infection has cleared up a week or two ago with the help of antibiotics, but, he is still hoarse!

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
My dog is still hoarse after an apparent throat infection that was treated with antibiotics over a month ago. The hoarseness just won't go away. Maybe related to age? I don't know. Sorry no helpful advice for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts