Homesteading Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10,546 Posts
He certainly is a keeper. My husband is the same. Always has to be doing something and he enjoys it. I was a bit worried about how it would be when he retired but he loves it and is busier than ever. Yesterday he said he cannot believe how time flies everyday.

For both your son and my husband - they are not just guys who need to keep busy for themselves but they are great guys who care about others and do for them. I know a couple of retired men and one woman who constantly say "I am retired" when asked to do something for their own family and homes or others. They have retired from a job but also from doing anything they don't want to do. They have lots of time and energy for the things they want to do but not for the things that need to be done. Are the wives/husband unhappy. Of course. You still have a lot of things that have to be done whether you are retired or not. And busy people are always happier.

·
Registered
11,995 Posts
I hope your eye is clearing up Georgia.
Ditto!

Now go to the Doc's and get the dizziness checked out.

I have Vertigo. Not a big deal. I take a pill when an attack is coming on, which is seldom. I've read that there are exercises you can do for it as the cause is crystals in your ear that get out of place. The exercise motion moves them back where they're suppose to be.

Reactions: newfieannie

·
newfieannie
10,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
i'll check out the virtigo. i was back to the doc and i have a blob of blood in my eye that keeps me from seeing from that one. he has given me more drops and i do believe it's shrinking. i swear he screwed something in my eye like you would in a socket. he was checking for a tear in the eye somewhere he said but he didn't find anything. i have another appointment on tues. i just hope i get it straightened out so i can drive soon. ~Georgia

·
Registered
433 Posts
I am having dental work done. I go Wednesday to get the permenant crown put in then scheduling the other side of my mouth for a crown and 3 fillings. My eye doctor wanted me to get that out of the way before I have mt cataract surgery. It is very scary to me even though most of my friends have already had it. But my eyesight is getting worse so I will be going through the process soon. I pray your blood blob goes away and your able to drive and resume your other activities.

·
newfieannie
10,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
i was scared out of my mind too Vicki! i hate anyone near my eyes that's why i'm having such trouble putting in drops. but like the others have said in the first thread i made on this it's a piece of cake! i dont know why there isn't any pain because there wasn't a needle. must have been all the drops. they also give everyone an adovan to put under the tongue.

just felt like he was flushing jel while he was working. i couldn't see any instruments just the cataract as it was being peeled off in sections but through a blur. good luck with yours! all told now with the drops it has cost me 2000 but it will be worth it . even with the left eye that is so good now but this morning i see the right one is a bit clearer than yesterday. i dont have the lace curtain now just a small blur. ~Georgia

·
Premium Member
7,173 Posts
Yay! And it will KEEP getting better!

Mon

Reactions: newfieannie

·
newfieannie
10,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
i'm good to go! i'm at the level for driving now. the pressure drops i was taking every hour is down to every 4. have to go back next week and then i get his okay to give to the MVB. he was swamped today so i agreed to that. i feel like driving without it but i wont take a chance on getting caught at this point. it's been almost 6 months so i can wait another week. ~Georgia

21 - 30 of 30 Posts