Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
newfieannie
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i can't find my old thread so have to start a new one. so i have my cataracts removed on tuesday. one eye is perfect but the other is just hazy something like a dark lace curtain type thing. i have been back and the doc has uped the pred and added another ointment. needless to say i'm scared todeath . just wondering if any of you had that problem with yours. ~Georgia

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Canadian health care is different from the states. I know at one time they did have patients use drops pre surgery but they had stopped doing it by the time I had mine done.

·
Premium Member
7,173 Posts
Georgia, relaxing ALWAYS helps. It really IS soon after surgery, so you "may" have a strange thing going on RIGHT NOW, but it likely will go away in a short time. It appears you, and your doctor are on top of things, so you just need some more time behind you.

Mon

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
i can't find my old thread so have to start a new one. so i have my cataracts removed on tuesday. one eye is perfect but the other is just hazy something like a dark lace curtain type thing. i have been back and the doc has uped the pred and added another ointment. needless to say i'm scared todeath . just wondering if any of you had that problem with yours. ~Georgia
Had one eye done first and 6 weeks later the other eye. No problem here.

·
Super Moderator
16,907 Posts
It is a frightening procedure but a really fast one. I was given a sedative before I went in and so I was anxious instead of terrified.

It was a lot easier than I expected, and I see so MUCH better. Well worth it!

·
Super Moderator
13,902 Posts
Posted 9/2/21 9:22 P.M. CDST

Here is your previous thread.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Had one eye done, a few weeks later, the other. NO problems here. Was soooo happy I could see clearly again, right out of surgery. You'd think not being able to read street signs as you drive is no biggie - but let me tell ya, when ya can see them again, it was a biggie.
I support you in doing this.

·
newfieannie
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes indeed! i can't believe how well i can see from that one eye. i presume it's floaters in the other. the paper i had said it is common immediately after surgery. i didn't have any then but i did the next day which is 3 days now. maybe it will clear up with the extra meds. i have another appoint on wednesday. ~Georgia

·
RF in Western Mtns.of ME
912 Posts
Didn't have any trouble like this, but both eyes were done some 13 yrs ago and seem to still be fine. Don't like the concept of plastic lenses, but whaddaya gonna do ? Shooting eye came out 20/20.

·
Registered
10,546 Posts
My friend had her eyes done. One at a time. The first one was perfect from the beginning. The second was blurred for several days but then cleared and is now perfect. Did you get the post surgery meds? antibiotics, corticosteroids and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Cataract surgery is one of the busiest surgeries around the world. Even our small hospital does over 150 every year. Surgeons fly in and work for a week. My Mom got wonderful treatment. as have several of our friends.

·
newfieannie
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes i did Em and my son is staying with me and he's putting them in faithfully. i could never do drops in my eyes. i spill more then i put in. i have vigamox, prolensa, combigan, pred and artificial tears. that's good to hear about your friend so it isn't only me. when i worry i eat and i have polished off half a blueberry cheecake today ~Georgia

·
Registered
10,546 Posts
I am really anxious to get my cataract surgery done. I am more sensitive to light and also things are getting darker. I am on a waiting list and keep getting move backwards on it because of my cancer. My General Practitioner Oncologist is wonderful as she watches everything that has to do with me but this means she will not let me have the surgery until my numbers are better. One good thing is that I may actually be able to jump the que to get in when my numbers are good. I don't feel guilty about this as at least 100 people have taken my place as I moved backward on the list. We do have a long waiting list of about 12 months because we are a small hospital and dependent on the surgeons flying up here. But when they come the operating room is in full swing. Soooo many people with cataracts.

I can't do eye drops at all either. I have even gotten them down into my nose somehow. Blueberry cheese cake sounds like the perfect antidote for worry. And I know you are a great baker.

·
newfieannie
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
that would work i'm sure Terri if i could lie on my back. that's the problem . if i lie down flat the whole room spins. that's why they had to have the bed lifted up for the operation. i'm just all around weird! at home i have an electric bed. i'm ok for getting the drops in because my son refuses to go home until this is all over with .(he's catching up on my work outside and keeping an eye on the time to give me drops. he goes home every 2 nights 1 hour each way to feed his fish and water the plants and whatnot and then comes back. he times it so it's 4 hours from when i need drops)

i know i would never do this myself . he's gone to the pharmacy to get more drops now from where i have spilled so much and one of them costs 40 dollars so i;m not allowed to try it again. i'm lucky to have him) in any case i do believe the cloudiness is lifting on that eye this morning and i've only had 4 drops of the new med so far. thanks a bunch folks ~Georgia

·
Registered
514 Posts
Georgia- "The whole room Spins" is more troublesome than the temporary eye thing. I have had both eyes done, the first with a knife, the second with laser, and have gone thru the eyedrop business too. Why is the room spinning? Sounds like vertigao, not connected with the eyes, but with the ears.

There is a treatment for vertigo---don't put up with that condition!!!!!

·
newfieannie
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i must say Em not sure if i had anything to do with it but he's one of the best as far as i'm concerned. one thing though he's like me and always has to be doing something. he's out there now with the whole side of the house stripped of the siding and fixing a buckle that has been there for years. he has done so much besides taking care of me since i persuaded him to retire 2 weeks ago. good thing he was in construction being as it's so hard to find anyone now around here not to mention the labor costs which have skyrocketed ~Georgia

1 - 20 of 30 Posts