Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hisser has perhaps five scabs along his spine and near the base of his tail. He is not particularly trying to itch there. I don't think it's fleas. My two are inside cats, neither has gotten out in months, and they get flea treatment. When Hisser did get some fleas a while ago (still don't know how) he had allergic reactions. Acted sick, threw up his food, lethargic, pinched face. There are lots of cats in the general neighborhood. Some come on the front porch at times. What is this likely to be now?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Could he be trying to squeeze through a tight space somewhere, and scraping his spine on the underside of something? My sister once had a colossally stupid cat who managed to scrape all the hair off a 3-inch long swath of his back by squeezing under trailer house skirting.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Veronica, Hisser wasn't trying to itch, which seemed weird. He still has scabs, but no new ones. Now I'm thinking he had a flea, even though I didn't find it. I used the topical treatment from the vet. Now I plan to complain to the manufacturer. I applied behind the neck as recommended. When I came home from work, I discovered that much of the fluid seems to have slid right off and onto a sofa cushion where Hisser had been sleeping :(

·
Registered
652 Posts
Hope the scabs go away quickly. I hate having to give flea meds and with my inside cats I usually don't, but I am watching a cat for someone and the cat came with fleas. So now everyone is dosed with advantage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts