Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:shrug: I have a female cat that is about 9 years old that wont have anything to do with my 3 year old cats see hisses and screams at themj if they come near her. She often hides in the lower cabinet in the kitchen. Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I lock her up in the bathroom with them and let them fight it out? haha I wonder who would win? Maybe someone out there might have some ideas with me. My email address is [email protected]

·
Original recipe!
14,044 Posts
Sounds like my old cat (17)too.
I have found that the older my cat gets the more she likes small spaces and aloneness.
Last winter she lived in the laundry room... her choice. She would go behind the dryer if a person walked in.
It is warm out now, so she still basks in the sun, but she will probably retreat again come cold weather.
She hates all other cats.
I would find a quiet room and let her have her space. She is older and gets to be a little strange.

·
aka RamblinRoseRanc :)
5,066 Posts
Sounds like a normal older cat to me.... no use for the youngin's. Cats typically prefer a solitary life, why do you feel that you have to force them to be friends? I have six and they don't all love each other.

·
In Memorium
15,516 Posts
For goodness sakes, don't make them fight it out. Don't force her to fight for her privacy. She wants to be left alone. It's normal!

·
Canning Crazy
2,332 Posts
Oh my..if you want to have a cat that is totally neurotic and hates you then by all means let them all have at it. Seriously...cats are loners. They do not always get along with other cats/dogs/people. Let her go..she just wants to be left alone.

Are you sure that she is not ill either. If a cat is in pain/ill they tend to hide and not want to be bothered. Might be worth a trip to the vet.

But do not let them "fight it out". You will be looking at huge vet bills for all of them from the fight.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everybody I will just let her have her privacy, I wont make them be friends which wouldnt work anyway. Thanks a lot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts