Cat stuck on power pole

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by WindyViews, Oct 23, 2005.

1. WindyViews

WindyViews Member

I figured that I would write in and ask in any of you have had experiences with a cat on a power pole, refusing to come down. Actually she is sitting on the transformer. Do power companies respond to these situations? Or, do cats typically come down after so many days? Your advice would be appreciated. Also, her fur coat will come in handy since it's going to be below freezing tonight. By the way, she happens to be our cat and our three young girls are spending lots of time crying and praying for her safe return. Thank you.

2. Ed Norman

Ed Norman Well-Known Member

I've never seen a cat skeleton on a power pole. If she doesn't cross the transformer, she'll come down. Or an owl will get her.

3. BobK

BobK Well-Known Member

Not many (none?) cat skeletons found in trees either...the cat will make it down as it made it up..on its own.

4. I would suggest trying to set a bowl of food down below for it and then go back in the house and see what happens. If it sees you setting food out for it maybe it will entice it to climb back down.

5. Quint

Quint Well-Known Member

We did actually did find a dead cat in a tree once. Don't know the circumstances of how it happened however.

In all of the cases I have seen they come down on their own though. Some food may help.

6. Cabin Fever

Cabin Fever Life NRA Member since 1976 Supporter

For some reason this post reminds me of a scene in "Police Academy."

7. kitaye

kitaye Well-Known Member

Animals get fried on power poles all the time. I think a call to the power company is in order because the cat moving around and touching the wrong wires can cause damage to their equipment as well as killing the cat.

8. CountryGoalie

CountryGoalie Well-Known Member

9. Jim-mi

Jim-mi Well-Known Member

Fried Squrrel.............They tend to be a tad over cooked when getting accross two wires......

Police accadamy.......lol