cat in labor, I'm watching her....

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by margo, Apr 4, 2005.

1. margo

margo Well-Known Member

Ok, Hermit John started it.....he he...We have a girl who came to visit and stayed, too. She was pretty leery for a while, after I fed her (surprise,surprise), she's now my buddy. and preggers and ready to pop.
    She is fully tight and I can feel the little ones thru her belly, as she wants me to rub her tummy and back. her personal parts seem somewhat distended, so I am assuming she is in labor, at least beginning.
    ****you have to understand, I haven't been around a cat for 40 years, was a kid when last our family owned one. so, the cat birth process is new to me. ****yep, I'm a rookie at midwifery** and we do have another cat-boy (also a dumpee ) who has been neutered. We hadnot counted on more kitties, so as soon as we decide whether to keep this girl....and we can afford the vet bill. I will try to locate a vet to spay her...or the Humane Soc. maybe to get a discount ??? I hope.
    I am half convinced to bring her into the house so I can watch her tonite.
    She is rolling around, and cannot keep still. Pacing and Kneading bread with her paws. so it looks like tonite's the night......wish me luck......me0w
    .....Margo

2. Tiffann4k

Tiffann4k Well-Known Member

Awww good luck and keep us updated :)

3. terriv

terriv Well-Known Member

Our cat (at least she decided she is) had SEVEN in my kitchen this morning. Jeepers! I dearly love cats but that's a LOT of 'em!

Good luck on yours.

4. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

My cat Stripe had her 3 kittens on my couch last lite nite ,2 white and 1 orange/white ,this makes 2 litters I had born in the house in 10 daye as Blackey had her 4 last week 3 orange and 1 gray. All the parents of the new kittens are great Ratter's.too free kittens anyone???

5. shelljo

shelljo Well-Known Member Supporter

We had 5 kittens on sunday. Thankfully, Momma Kitty had them in the shop. she is a quick on about coming into the house. I just knew I'd find her and the kittens in the house. Now we just have to watch and make sure she doesn't try to move them into the house. She did that 2 summers ago. Took us forever to find those very quiet kittens...

We'll tame these down and give to a friend who just bought a place in the country--smack dab in the middle of 4 fields...

6. margo

margo Well-Known Member

No babies as yet....told ya I don't know much....she's still behaving the same ways..still waiting. poor girl, she's bigger than a balloon...hehehe...patience is the word of the day.. thanks for watching with me.....Margo

7. mommymushbrain

mommymushbrain Well-Known Member

We have one who went into labor earlier this afternoon. She was acting all lovey dovey, trying to get inside the house... would not leave us alone! I already have one other mama cat inside the house, so I took this one to the travel trailer. As I took her in, I noticed discharge coming from her rear end. Sure enough, about two hours later I see one baby kitten... and now she has two, with more coming! :)

I love the little kitties!!!

8. Dances In Woods

Dances In Woods Well-Known Member

Margo,
    First off, thank you for neutering your male and planning to spay your female. If your Vet is expensive then the humane society can help you with the low-cost spay/neuter thing. Or our Vet will take partial payments since we've been with him so long...yours may too.

On kitty issue, yes I would bring her inside and make her a bed and keep a eye on her.