Castor oil packs?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by mammabooh, Dec 3, 2004.

1. mammabooh

mammabooh Metal melter Supporter

I asked this on the CF forum and didn't get much response, so I'll ask here. Do any of you have any experience using castor oil packs? If so, did it do what you wanted it to do?

Thanks,
    Mammabooh

2. Rita

Rita Well-Known Member Supporter

My husband sent away for a book on the uses of castor oil and so when he had a real bad attack of sciatica the first thing he did was try the castor oil pack but sad to say it didn't do anything for that particular problem. That's not to say it wouldn't work for something else but that has been our only experience using them. Rita in TN

3. mammabooh

Thanks, Rita...anyone else?

4. Maura

Maura Well-Known Member Supporter

Due to the natural/unnatural aging process, I broke out in some witchlike moles. I dabbed castor oil on once a day. They appeared to heal from underneath until being held on by just a thread, then fell off. I got rid of about six of the darned thing, then my miracle cure quit working. For moles, just do one or two at a time or your body my go into an uncomfortable detox.

5. mammabooh

I read somewhere about it working on moles...how cool to have a real testimonial!

6. motivated

motivated Well-Known Member

I have used castor oil packs many times for different people. You might want to read Jethro Kloss Back to Eden books. They are good for gallbladder attacks, and I have used external as well as internally for labor. Not to be used without reading up first though. The packs are usually applied to clean dry skin and are sometimes covered with plastic and kept warm. Please investigate before using.
    Jodi

7. Sylvia

Sylvia Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I had a very painful knee that also creaked alot. which had been getting progressively worse. No over the counter stuff helped and I didn't want to get back on drugs. I could barely get up and down the stairs.

I took a sleeve off of a very old cotton t-shirt, saturated it in castor oil, put it over my knee (it was completely covered) then wrapped ii all around with a wide piece of saran wrap. I wore it day and night (replaced it after bathing) until the pain went away ( about a week). The creaking lessened. The uncanny thing is that the texture of my skin actually changed -- the compress never dripped -- My knee actually absorbed the oil! This was 2 months ago. The pain has not come back, and if I was a little more patient, I could probably eliminate the creaking entirely -- i only notice it on rainy days.
    Sylvia

8. Darren

Darren Still an :censored:

A friend's father supposedly used castor oil compresses to get rid of gall stones.

9. Sylvia

Sylvia Well-Known Member

Hi came across some info on the use of castor oil packs on the Edgar Cayce website. They have books too.