Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are building a Cash and Carry in the nearest town to us. Is it a good place to shop? What deals do you get there?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Everything is usually a great deal. Lol at th he fliers online. Ok usually get meat and all of my staples like flour, oils, and sugar there.

·
Wood Nymph / Toxophilite
1,615 Posts
Only the greatest place ever!

We get the sausage gravy and ketchup in number ten cans.
We get the paper to-go containers to pack leftovers in for weekday lunches.
For family reunions we get the big boxes of pre-made biscuits.
We used to get chicken strips (the really good, almost full breast ones)
We've also gotten the pre-made restaurant soups, they work well in the crock pot.
Big blocks of cheese and packs of bacon.

They have a mailing list, get on it.

We have since moved to a place without a cash and carry and we miss it so!

·
Registered
441 Posts
We love C&C. Prices are similar to or lower than Costco. Meat is a similar or higher grade, as is produce. Best thing is they don't sell *only* the huge bulk containers. You can buy many items in reasonable sizes that a family can use before it goes bad.

·
Premium Member
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, sounds great. Now I can't wait for them to get open. I could sure use the break in grocery prices!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Lucky you our closest is 26 miles. Great deals on meat and produce. Sign up for e-mail flyers. Also go in after holidays and check meats. My son got a boneless leg of lamb after Easter for $7.00 it was awesome. I don't think we have ever been unhappy with purchase there.
One thing ours is finicky about checks you have to be pre-approved, but debit and credit OK.
I spent a day comparing Costco and Cash and Carry ( they are almost next to each other here), prices, quality... Cash and Carry won out by far.

·
Wood Nymph / Toxophilite
1,615 Posts
Also, if you have a tax ID number ie: for a nonprofit like 4-H or a restaurant you can get out tax free.

·
Registered
529 Posts
They have great pricing on toilet paper, dish soap and even laundry detergent. You can buy whole pigs and goats and pretend to do your own butchery. Recently I bought bottom rounds whole in 35 lb. boxes and made my own hamburger.....for 2.78 a lb. I also bought a 5 gallon bucket of All laundry soap for 20 bucks. They have Russell knives cheap and great pricing on potatoes (7 bucks for 50 lbs.) They have great prices in the summertime on charcoal briquettes as well. Right now they have boneless rib eye for 6 bucks a pound and 10 lb. boxes of frozen blueberries and peaches for 18 bucks. Turkeys are usually ultra low around the holidays as well as hams and lamb.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts