Carla's visit to Tulsa

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by healing herbals, Nov 2, 2004.

1. healing herbals

healing herbals Pam in OK

CArla and Don were here in Tulsa yesterday. Thank you, for coming. I would encourage any of you to get a chance, to go and listen to Carla's talk. Especially the men !! Ours was a bit of a hen party, which was unfortunate because the message Carla brings is not the standard homesteading message. She delivers up to date information about agri business, modern survival and homesteading. The direction our world is going, in terms of our need to be more dependent upon our family units, and less on outside supplies of our basic needs, is something all of us need to realize and work on making a reality.
    So, thanks again Carla and Don, you are a joy.

2. JackieA

JackieA Well-Known Member

Pam - which one were you at Carla's party on Mon, Nov 1? I am Jackie and attended also at Jenny's and really enjoyed it-learned a lot - and threw my margerine away and bought some butter! Carla is so nice - and her husband too! Bought her book and have been letting others at work view it (but I take it home at night)...JackieA

3. #1 DogMom

#1 DogMom Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,
    I, too, had the opportunity to hear Carla speak. Her and Don were in S. Mo. on the second. There weren't many that showed up, but those of us who were there sure learned and shared a lot. She is constantly learning and that's what she also brings to these meetings. Up-to-date, pertanant information for today's homesteaders.
    So, I totally agree with Pam... if you have the opportunity to go see her you really won't regret it. I just couldn't believe it was free. :D
    A special thanks to bethlaf for being a gracious host, too.
    :worship:

Leanna

4. healing herbals

Jackie,
    Sorry, I am terrible with names, so I am not sure who you are. :eek:
    I was the the 3rd person on the couch, that got up and went to the stairs.
    Jenny was very gracious to host Carla, after I had set it up and was unable to host her.
    PS feel free to private mail me, if you like

5. Chas in Me

Chas in Me Well-Known Member

Who is Carla? I never heard of her. Just curious.

6. Deena in GA

Deena in GA Well-Known Member

Carla Emery, author of the "The Encyclopedia of Country Living", a must-have imho.

Btw, I'm hosting Carla again this month in west central GA. She's doing a writing workshop for homeschoolers during the day and then the homesteading talk in the evening - actually she'll probably do the homesteading talk right after the writing workshop too. If anyone is interested in coming please pm or email me. dsmj55@aol.com

7. healing herbals

For more about Carla, see sticky 2 under Barter Board, "Author will travel"

8. JackieA

JackieA Well-Known Member

PMed you Pam!

9. Lancelotacres

Lancelotacres Well-Known Member

I am so excited that Carla will be here tomorrow! She is doing a homesteading talk tomorrow evening at the local library. I am honored that she and Don will be staying with us.

We heard her speak over the 4th of July, and she is incredible. If anybody is near where she will be speaking, it is definitely worth the trip to hear her talk (and it is free!). We learned so much from her in such a short time. She is incredible.

www.carlaemery.com

Her schedule can be seen on her website. She and Don are amazing people.

Hugs,
    Lisa