Carla Emery

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Jan Brewer, Dec 12, 2004.

1. Jan Brewer

Jan Brewer Member

Hi to all,

We have obtained Carla Emery, well-known author of Encyclopedia of County Living and has been featured on Johnny Carson, Mike Douglas Show, Tonight Show, Seattle Today, etc. and she will be speaking at our annual conference June 11-12, 2005. I need to reach people interested in homesteading, goats, etc., in Florida, Georgia to inform them she will be here. Any suggestions from anyone how I begin to notify people? Thank you in advance. Jan

2. Frontier_oaks

Frontier_oaks Well-Known Member

Just what you are doing, getting the word out
    Where is the conference being held at
    thanks

3. beaglady

beaglady Well-Known Member

If you have a local newspaper, you may be able to write a press release and have them publish it. did you get your promotional packet yet from Carla? There are examples on there.

4. BamaSuzy

BamaSuzy Well-Known Member

what kind of annual conference and where? My newspaper is in north Central Alabama.

5. Jan Brewer

Jan Brewer Member

thanks so much for your reponse. The conference will be June 11 and 12, 2005 in Gainesville, Florida at the University of Florida. We are about one hour from Jacksonville, Florida. Jan

6. Jan Brewer

Jan Brewer Member

I will be posting in our newspaper and Carla is suppose to be sending me the promotional packet. This is a goat conference and even though I have used Carla since 1978 or so, I am a little nervous that dairy goat people will receive her as they should. I know there are many people out there who will find her educational and informative. I know I surely have through the years. Thanks so much for replying. Jan

7. Jan Brewer

Jan Brewer Member

This is our 27th goat production conference. I have been involved and/or in charge since 1988 and this will be my first venture bringing in someone who is not "goat related entirely". But back in the late 70's Carla's first book was what I lived by in Washington state. I am hoping she will be well received by all and that attendees will learn all she has to offer. The conference is on June 11 and 12, 2005 in Gainesville, Florida at the University of Florida. Thank you so much for replying to my post. Jan Brewer