Carla Emery will be in NW TN April 1!

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by blhmabbott, Mar 2, 2004.

1. blhmabbott

blhmabbott We're gettin' there!

Hello all,
    Just wanted to pass this information along to those of you who may be interested, and will also be posting it on the CF and BB threads in case some of you only visit one of these threads and not the others. Carla will be in Paris, TN April 1 for her Creative Writing Workshop and will also be delivering her homesteading talk that evening following a potluck supper. I have people from as far away as Nashville (about 2 1/2-3 hours) that will be coming, so if anyone is interested please contact me so I can add your name to the ever growing list!
    Have a great day!
    Heather
    blhmabbott@bellsouth.net
    chatgirl3252001@yahoo.com
    731-641-0380

2. MountainMama

MountainMama Well-Known Member

She will be headed your way after she visits us here in North Georgia near Chattanooga, TN. She will be speaking about 10 minutes away from historic Rock City so head this way to the Georgia mountains and meet Carla in person.

She will be here on Tuesday, March 30 at 6 p.m. eastern time.

For more information email:

CarlaEmeryInfo@aol.com

3. blhmabbott

For some reason this morning I can't read any PMs, so if you would please contact me by phone or email it would be alot easier to pass along this information. I'm still waiting for someone to tell me how to fix the PM problem that I've posted under the Admin thread. Thanks!
    Heather
    731-641-0380

4. blhmabbott

Please disregard my earlier post about not being able to read PMs. Ended up it was user error :haha: . All is well......
    Heather

5. blhmabbott

Well, I've finally secured a meeting place that will be large enough for the ever growing list of all those in attendance, as well as anyone else who would like to attend. We will be meeting in the large conference room at the Hampton Inn in Paris, which is located on Hwy 79N going toward the lake. If anyone needs directions, please feel free to contact me!

I will be sending out an updated email to everyone who has contacted me with all the detailed information, and will post a copy of that here as well. There will also be a large newspaper article in the Paris-Post Intelligencer (the Paris daily newspaper) so if you have access to the paper, please make sure to check it out next week! I look forward to hearing from you and meeting you there! Have a great week everyone!
    Heather

6. blhmabbott

Hello everyone! I have finally been able to get all the final information for Carla's visit to NW TN.

She will be here April 1 and will be holding both events in the large conference room at Hampton Inn on Hwy 79N, Paris, TN. The Creative Writing Workshop will be held from 9:00 am - 3:00pm with a short morning break and a lunch break. All interested persons are asked to bring a sack lunch. The attendance fee is $30 per FAMILY and is payable at the door. All ages of children, as well as their parents, are welcome!

There will also be a potluck supper at 6:00 pm at the conference room with Carla's Homesteading talk to follow approximately at 7:00 pm. This event is free to attend, but we are asking for a $5 donation from each family to help cover travel expenses and the rent of the conference room. The conference room has an attached industrial size kitchen with all the amenities so please feel free to use them. It is extremely important for everyone planning on attending this event to contact me ASAP to let me know what you are planning to bring for the potluck so I can insure we have a well rounded meal for all in attendance, as well as helping someone plan something to bring if they don't know what to contribute.

I need to hear from each one of you, via email or phone, if you are planning to attend either/both of these events so I know how many chairs to have set up for each one. And of course, Carla will have a table set up with her books for sale after each event for anyone interested in purchasing them. We will have plenty of room, so please pass this information along to all of your friends and feel free to bring someone....or lots of someones! Again, thank you to everyone for your interest in this amazing opportunity and I look forward to hearing from you and seeing you there! My contact information is inclosed (please note new address and phone number).

Sincerely,
    Heather Mabbott
    602 N. Poplar St.
    Paris, TN 38242
    731-641-0380
    blhmabbott@charter.net

7. Deena in GA

Deena in GA Well-Known Member

Carla will also be speaking on homesteading here in west central GA (just north of Columbus) on Friday, March 26 at 1:30 p.m. If anyone wants more info, please email me at dsmj55@aol.com

8. gefozarks

gefozarks Well-Known Member

I think that Carla is going to stop by Buffalo Point campgrounds the first weedend in april as we are getting together again. Not a speaking engagement just stopping by to talk with homesteaders.