Carla Emery coming to Branson mo area

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by bethlaf, Oct 27, 2004.

1. bethlaf

bethlaf Homegrown Family

Hey there, just wanted to invite anyone who i hadnt talked to yet to meet with other homesteaders, gab about our lives, and heartaches, mabe meet others who want to buy/trade excess animals :D

and get a chance to sit down with

Carla Emery, the author of the Encyclopedia of Country Living , she will be here on Tuesday November 2nd in
    Hollister Missouri ,
    at the offices of Tri Lakes Construction
    in the industrial park, behind Lowes

we will be having a potluck dinner starting at 5-530
    and
    Carla will begin presenting at 6-630ish

Carla will have materials for sale as well as free informative materials, i think this would be a great chance for folks to get together visit and relax,
    wether or not youve seen and met Ms Carla

2. bethlaf

bethlaf Homegrown Family

hey there all, i know theres lots of homesteaders in southern missouri /northern arkansas , im oping to see some of you all there, if needing better directions etc.
    using the southern mo area C ode mycells 5 93 92 81

looking forward to seeing some of you all there

3. healing herbals

healing herbals Pam in OK

Carla is at a friend's house in Tulsa today, I met her and Don last night, they are delightful people, I look forward to seeing her talk tonight, PS, this will help move your post back up, too !!!

4. tbout

tbout Member

how was the evening wonderful I hope wish I could have been there We have so much to learn. Thanks T

5. bethlaf

bethlaf Homegrown Family

It was a good night, i really enjoyed Meeting Carla and her husband Don ,
    we had very few people come for the talk , but thats ok , cause carla brings a varitable bookstore with her ! and i have a BUNCH of new books , and some free catalogs to read through !
    her talk really gives a person food for thought
    not just on directly homestead related things
    It was kind of interesting having her here on voting day , luckily inspite of my husband there were no political arguments, got to admire someone who can silently disagree ! I think I learned a marriage tip in there somewhere from Carla and thats not entirely in jest .
    plus to top it off, after meeting carla and tlakign with her , and seeing what shes got going on , it gets me motivated to really get to work on my cookbook
    I must admit i dont think i could do the schedule Carla and Hubby aspire to , but I would like to do a bit of a book tour too...., i know thats unconventional for cookbooks ...
    but hey !
    Carla brought books on everything from her book! , even whole grain cookbooks, cooking from stored foods, compost toilets, rammed earth homes,lots of gardening books ! and just about every type of animal book!
    and of course copies of the updated 9th edition of her book