Cargo Trailer

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by greybeard, Mar 8, 2004.

1. greybeard

greybeard Guest

Am thinking about buying a cargo trailer (6'X10'), there are many brands out there such as Pace, Homesteader, Haulmark, Wells, etc. Anyone had any experience with any of these or any similar ones?

2. Zack

Zack Well-Known Member

I have a 6x12 ramp door single axle I use for racing. what do you need to know?
    What are you planning to use it for?
    Don't be tempted by the box stores selling cheap cargo trailers, the brand names are ok but those trailers are the lowest quality they make.

3. Jackpine Savage

Jackpine Savage Well-Known Member

I have a 6x12 Wells Cargo that's served me pretty well. Had it for about 12 years. It's a single axle, 3000lb, I wish at times it was a tandem. I have a single, side swing door in the back, next time I would go with a double door. I use it for hunting and when I'm out in the windy Dakotas that single door has caught the wind a few times and I've had to straighten the hinges.

4. greybeard

greybeard Guest

Thanks for the replies. Am planning to use it for occassional furniture moving between NC and KY. Just was interested in knowing if any particular brand held over time better than others. Sounds like the Wells one is good. I assume the ones at the stores like Home Depot etc are made especially for them and pretty low on the quality level.

5. Zack

Zack Well-Known Member

Truthfully I think they are all about the same but when I was shopping for one wells cargo did not list the model lowes sells and was hesitant to talk about them on the phone and were only slightly cheaper. Yes they are built just for them.
    I have been using mine for moving between TX and MS and has been working well for that but I have to be mindful of how I load it, being a single axle. They are also not cheap to pull your MPG will be half with gas and 25% less with a diesel, Loaded or not.

If you are close to Greenville, NC give these guys a call, I have not bought a trailer from them but I do buy 95% of my factory parts from them and they can’t be beat. They really help us racers out with their pricing and service.

www.ronayers.com/trailer/main.cfm

Tell them you where referred buy a racer and they may treat you a little better.