Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are looking for a knowledgeable and handy person to help on our Eco Farm. You should be mostly Vegetarian, comfortable with nudity, respectful of the Devine Feminine, part of the LGBT community or very accepting, passionate about organic gardening and/or Earth Building (we are using Earthbag, Adobe and Cob.) We need someone able to use and care for tools, tractor, chainsaw etc. and able to work hard. We have 160 secluded acres 20 minutes from delightful Bisbee Arizona.
In exchange we can offer room and board (healthy natural Vegetarian food) and some money for an agreed upon amount of work. If we are compatible there is the possibility of a permanent arrangement involving land ownership and help with building your own home. Our FB page is 42 Spirits Eco Farm and Goddess Temple.
My name is Zia Soleil.

·
Registered
9,414 Posts
As a kid, as I came in the doors after school, I would throw down my metal lunchbox and book bag and go sit in front of a 20" wood console tv to watch "Tarzan" and "The Lone Ranger". Even then, I couldn't understand how those guys could run full bore along canyon and desert rock and jungle floor.
I would go outside and on our manicured suburban front yard I couldn't manage a half dozen steps without hitting a pebble or thistle. Dad would say "They have calluses built up. They can't feel a thing."

·
Registered
30,276 Posts
As a kid, as I came in the doors after school, I would throw down my metal lunchbox and book bag and go sit in front of a 20" wood console tv to watch "Tarzan" and "The Lone Ranger". Even then, I couldn't understand how those guys could run full bore along canyon and desert rock and jungle floor.
I would go outside and on our manicured suburban front yard I couldn't manage a half dozen steps without hitting a pebble or thistle. Dad would say "They have calluses built up. They can't feel a thing."
We used to race down the gravel rode barefoot. We never wore shoes in the summer unless we went somewhere.

·
Premium Member
24,810 Posts
We used to race down the gravel rode barefoot. We never wore shoes in the summer unless we went somewhere.
That was me too. Never wore shoes unless we were going out or back to the woods. Grandpa insisted I wear shoes when we went to the woods. I ran up and down our gravel lane without shoes during warm weather. Many times I would get off the bus after school and take off my shoes before running to the house.

Nothing compares to the feeling of new green grass on bare feet that first warm day in the spring.

·
Registered
9,414 Posts
Well yes, these days my feet resemble hooves with toe nails.
Back then I was the one generation my family decided to citify. I still have a depression on the top of my left foot from hard shoes.

·
Registered
30,276 Posts
That was me too. Never wore shoes unless we were going out or back to the woods. Grandpa insisted I wear shoes when we went to the woods. I ran up and down our gravel lane without shoes during warm weather. Many times I would get off the bus after school and take off my shoes before running to the house.

Nothing compares to the feeling of new green grass on bare feet that first warm day in the spring.
I remember one year, first day of school getting on the bus, my brother hated his new shoes. It just did not suit him to wear shoes after going all summer without. He threw a fit, until Mom finally threw him on the bus.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
You'll have to worry about rattlesnakes in Arizona other than getting sunburnt.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We are looking for a knowledgeable and handy person to help on our Eco Farm. You should be mostly Vegetarian, comfortable with nudity, respectful of the Devine Feminine, part of the LGBT community or very accepting, passionate about organic gardening and/or Earth Building (we are using Earthbag, Adobe and Cob.) We need someone able to use and care for tools, tractor, chainsaw etc. and able to work hard. We have 160 secluded acres 20 minutes from delightful Bisbee Arizona.
In exchange we can offer room and board (healthy natural Vegetarian food) and some money for an agreed upon amount of work. If we are compatible there is the possibility of a permanent arrangement involving land ownership and help with building your own home. Our FB page is 42 Spirits Eco Farm and Goddess Temple.
My name is Zia Soleil.
My name is Zia Soleil.
These people are dangerous! I’ve known people who have gone to this place and experienced a lot of unpleasant things. The hosts have no boundaries, will exploit you for your body and labor! Also the vegetarian food... they’re not telling you that there’s two kitchens (both of which are rat infested) one of them will be in your very living room! The other, if you enter, you’ll be interrogated and bullied for your food consumption. They favor thin bodies there. I don’t even think they actually eat more than a half cup of almonds a day. They will restrict your food intake as much as possible. And they will not listen if you complain about the rats.
the land is also completely littered with random odds and ends- boxes of random tiles, old moldy pillows in the yard, couches falling apart, half finished projects. The hosts are resentful when volunteers have boundaries and don’t jump the second they are called. And unless you’re a man, you’ll never see a cent of pay.
the hosts attract a series of usually mentally unstable, often toxic, people. You’ll hear your hosts disrespect the volunteers and each other. Or wake up to the sounds of their screaming matches. Be careful! These people are dangerous!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts