Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
45,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in case someone else has this happen, here's how we saved a service department trip.....

The check engine light came on and stayed on. We went by the local oil/lube place, and besides changing the oil and filter, they do a system wide check, and the air filter looked like it had mice building a nest in it. We replaced that, hoping that was the problem prompting the check engine light. However, it didn't clear.

I called Toyota in West Plains, Missouri, the closest dealership. The service dept guy said to pull the EFI fuse, replace it, and check to be sure the gas cap was securely on.

We did as instructed, and the check engine light is now off.

·
Premium Member
7,215 Posts
Some cars (and even my tractor) have signal/warning lights that illuminate when it's reached a service interval (mileage or hours used). In the case of the tractor, I bought all the filters/fluids/other stuff and serviced it myself, but the light stayed on. Someone told me to disconnect the negative battery cable and the light would go off, but I've not tried it yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.