Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I layed down in bed At Midnight tried to get to sleep. and it is eluding me, Ever have a night like that. I Am not worried anymore than normal. But just can't get to sleep. On top of that My right ear, is NOT working right now. Can't hear out of it. At All. If its not better by the later A M I'll try the Peroxide wash in it, If that fails I may need to hit the E R Hope not..

·
Registered
713 Posts
Having one of those right now. It's 4 am and I have so many irons in the fire, I can't get the brain to shut up long enough to get to sleep. So I went online and entered a photo contest, did some filing, got more stuff ready to start homeschooling on Monday, and checked in here. I think I am finally exhausted enought to try again!

Hope your ear feels better.

Rachael

·
Registered
634 Posts
Yep, I'm having one of those nights right now :) Except this night is fast becoming a week long stretch of bed at 11, up by 4. I don't feel stressed either, sleeplessness just happens to me once in a while. I will feel tired around 2pm though.

·
newfieannie
9,192 Posts
I don't sleep all that much any night. my grandfather only ever needed 2 hours and I think I'm the same. last night was the worst though. not a wink! I think I'm too keyed up wondering if I have everything done for moving. since I couldn't sleep,I packed the last U-Haul box. then spent a few hours designing my new perennial bed. there's always something to do. hope your hearing is better now James. ....Georgia.

·
Halfway, OR & Wagoner, OK
3,306 Posts
I have the same problems. Try eating a potato around 9 p.m. I know it sounds weird, but potatoes are high in Triptophan--which relaxes the brain.

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
38,856 Posts
I had the same problem. Was it a full moon?

·
Registered
16,519 Posts
I know how difficult it can be if you can't get to sleep!!!

Forget the ER and go to the Dr today and see if your ear is plugged or something. The ear might be causing the lack of ability to sleep.

Honestly, the shortest measurable time out there is the time between when my head hits the pillow and I am asleep. However, I do get up early and just keep at it all day long. And, I keep a few good book around - good for making me fall asleep anyway, just in case.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
It must be the moon -- I had one of those nights last night too. I did the routine where you start at your toes and think of each individual body part relaxing up to your scalp - and if you're still wide awake you reverse back down to you toes....it was like I set off an itch attack...instead of the body part relaxing it was yelling at me to move it, scratch it, etc. ... must have been all that yelling that was keeping me awake right? When I did get to sleep I had this long detailed dream until Blaze the dog woke me up at my usual get up time.

I really don't feel as bad as I thought I would feel from lack of sleep -- will do my best not to nap during the day today so sleep comes quicker tonight.

Hugs,
Marlene

·
Premium Member
15,516 Posts
I've had plenty of those nights! I've learned not to worry about it even though I realize that I'll be tired the next day! No big deal! I'll sleep good tomorrow night!

I spend my time in bed mentally going over what I want to do the next day or what recipes I might want to try or praying. I think that many times I am sleeping, but in a light sleep.

As for your ear, forget it until morning. If you can't hear well then the night noises won't bother you!

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
james dilley said:
I layed down in bed At Midnight tried to get to sleep. and it is eluding me.
I hate it when that happens...

james dilley said:
On top of that My right ear, is NOT working right now. Can't hear out of it. At All. If its not better by the later A M I'll try the Peroxide wash in it, If that fails I may need to hit the E R Hope not..
I hate it when that happens...

James, mix the peroxide with some mineral oil. The mineral oil helps to dissolve any excess ear wax. Most commercial ear drop preparations are basically those two ingredients with some buffering compounds. Be careful when using H2O2 as even when diluted to 3% (typical dilution at the grocery / drug store) it is somewhat caustic.

·
Accidental Farmer
14,837 Posts
I've been sleeping like mad lately, seems like I can't get aenough sleep, and I have never been one to sleep in and take naps. Sorry you can't sleep....that would drive me bonkers!

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I fell Asleep at about 4 30 A M got up About an hour Ago. After the prexicde, The ear started getting some sound in it, And i then cupped my hand like A plunger. And it is now working.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Glad you are doing better James.

Wouldn't ya know??? Today was my day to stay home and I thought I'd be okay sleeping in a bit. Got a call at 7:45 (remember I went to bed after 4!) that my chicks were at the Post Office...a day early!!!! OH, well...I'm going to bed early tonight.

Rachael

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hope you can cop some ZZZZZs tonight, James! I've been having lots of trouble sleeping, lately. It must be the heat & bad air quality...? I don't feel extra stressed right now - I'm stressed all the time, pretty much --- Sleep well all...

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hylands has a homeopathic supplement. It is for sleeplessness. They also have a calms forte. They use minerals and they work like magic for me. :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Suburbanite - Yeah, tell me... I'm in retail sales - smack dab in the middle of loopiness! People down here are losing their minds! It's 12:30 am - 79 degrees, feels like 81 @ 65% humidity! & I can't sleep!

blue8ewe - I'll be looking into that! Glad that you found something that works for you!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Tater Farm said:
Suburbanite - Yeah, tell me... I'm in retail sales - smack dab in the middle of loopiness! People down here are losing their minds! It's 12:30 am - 79 degrees, feels like 81 @ 65% humidity! & I can't sleep!

Well, tater...expect SERIOUS loopiness today, I heard it was getting up to 104 today!!! :flame: ...that's what I will look like when I get out of the grocery store in a few hours!! Wanted to get out earlier, but if you read my last post, you'll see why I didn't. I slept till almost 9!! WOOHOO.

ya'll have a good day, Rachael

1 - 20 of 21 Posts