Can't Fix Stupid

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by big rockpile, Nov 18, 2006.

1. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

My property is 660 feet by 1320 feet.With a Holler running down the middle of it.I have a Stand closer to the neighbors,but not where I'm hunting the Fence and I'm not setting on the road.The neighbor has 125 acres.

I'm setting in my Stand this evening,wind hitting me in the face all is good.Then for some reason I look behind me :help: See Hunter Orange right on the Fence. I holler at him,nothing,I holler again,nothing. :flame:

I thought fine.About dark they get ready to leave.I holler,they come over.Told him what I thought about him setting on my Lap,called him a few other things.He says he ought to just shoot my A :shrug: Told him to do what he thought was best.He walked on off.

Well I went to the house got Fire built up,took my Meds. Then drove over to his Cabin and apologized to them.Told him I just couldn't see why he was setting on top of me? He said he had Guys all over his place and that was the only place him and his Son had to set :shrug: Said they were going to kill all the Deer,Subdivide and sell it all.Told him fine it was his place.

big rockpile

2. posifour11

posifour11 Well-Known Member

yup, stupid people suck and that definitely sucks.

3. bgak47

bgak47 Well-Known Member

I only have 17 acres,but it is a hilltop with a gorge that is about 150ydsX 50yds. The gorge is about 60ft deep. It's all heavily wooded, & that's where I hunt & target shoot. My next door neighbor has 43 acres & is one of my oldest & best friends.The land to the south of us is 5,000 acres & is owned by a doctor from OKC. The land across the road is owned by a lumber company.I can't imagine anyone setting up a tree stand near my property line,& I'm glad. It sounds like nothing but trouble.

4. Yeti

Yeti Well-Known Member

I had my buddy out Friday after work. he shot his deer and it went about 50 yrds and layed down. he thought it was dead. so he waited to dark to get up in case a big buck came by so as not to disturb other animals moving about. when he stood up the deer he thought was dead did too! it started to walk off to the west and he fired a shot at it before it went over the hill. I was up at my barn when I heard the shot. the next thing I know I see the east side neighbor out with her flood lite screaming for what ever reason, but I thought she was looking for her dog. so walked that way to ask what was up and this lady is going off about someones poaching on my land and shes calling the cops because he shot after dark and just going ape about how she knew the law and someone was going to pay. after I told her it was my buddy and I'm sure that there was a good reason for the shot she heard. she then went on about how she claimed to scare off another poacher to the east of her place. she said she heard a shot the day before and how she turned her stereo speakers out the back door and turned it as loud as she could. she claims he went away... I had to walk away since what she said was bullcrap and I know better. the best point to make here is the fact her property over looks the expressway behind our properties. we have frontage on I-94 about 60 minutes west of Detroit...its loud. loud enough you can't talk to anyone 100 feet away without screaming in her backyard. so I seriously doubt any hunter let alone the cars & semis on the highway could have heard her stereo and been scraed away as she put it.
    the next day she sent me the DNR page on hunting laws like I had never seen it on the net before. funny thing is she let her brother hunt my place before my house went in without my permission, but I guess its the point of veiw that matters to her and thats it.