Homesteading Forum banner
61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,233 Posts
You can have a mild heart attack and survive, but you feel like crap the next several days after. My son didn't know he had a heart attack until about a week afterward. He still has issues, chest pain and weakeness in one arm.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
America airlines has a problem. Coming to light it covid shot mandate. Talked about only vaccinated customers will be allowed to fly. Sports stars being shut out. Think the jab is coming to ahead?
Our small town is in a fight about masks again. And still send us out of state for covid tests. I find that troubling.

·
Registered
35,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Workers left their jobs at a record pace in August, with bar and restaurant employees as well as retail staff quitting in droves, the Labor Department reported Tuesday.

Quits hit a new series high going back to December 2000, as 4.3 million workers left their jobs.

Reactions: 101pigs

·
Registered
35,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
What's happening on the Massachusetts farm is part of a seismic shift. A July study found nearly a third of U.S. workers under 40 considered changing careers during the pandemic.

"We all kind of felt like we're cogs in the wheel of this larger system that we didn't really want to be a part of. And this was kind of our way of taking agency back over our lives and just being like, 'this is what we want to be doing' rather than doing something that we felt we had to be doing," Marriott said.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
I'm just going to leave this here.

View attachment 100806

Might as well get this idea corrected.

The people were not living on unemployment. They were living on unemployment PLUS the weekly covid benefits for setting on their butts…..

Funded by the government use of taxpayers money, and acquired debt that will likely never be paid off, even by our grandchildren.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Plus I've talked to guys who were getting food stamps and tanniff/cash on thier card it was nearly automatic.

Then it didn't end when they went back to work. They had to physically go in and make them stop the payments.

One guy I know says money still randomly drops into his bank account.

So they were getting more than working. Add in the stimulus checks and your premise is completely bogus.

Oh, and those folks who are doing farm work. They will be in for a big surprise when Jose and his family take thier farm jobs in the very near future.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Plus I've talked to guys who were getting food stamps and tanniff/cash on thier card it was nearly automatic.

Then it didn't end when they went back to work. They had to physically go in and make them stop the payments.

One guy I know says money still randomly drops into his bank account.

So they were getting more than working. Add in the stimulus checks and your premise is completely bogus.

Oh, and those folks who are doing farm work. They will be in for a big surprise when Jose and his family take thier farm jobs in the very near future.
No Jose working for me or any other people in my county. I hve no problem hiring farm help and sawmill workers. At least 5 people each week check with me for jobs.

·
Registered
12,340 Posts
You don't seem to have issue with hundreds of thousands of Joses and Juanitas breaking the law and trespassing onto American land, yet you won't hire any?

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Watching news. Biden asks companies to do their own shipping by ships and trucks. Container ships are stuck in the water. So how is putting more ships in the water going yo help? Biden wants the longshoremen to work at night. If no truck drivers are working what difference will it make. From photos looks like the problem is no room left on shore to unload any more ships.
So how does putting more container ship to sea help ? In the start it was because they didnt have empty containers to ship back over seas. Seem like its the same problem. Not having truck drivers. During lock down truckers lost work lost their trucks and jobs. Seem this would be great time to use military truck drivers. Nation guard perhaps.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Your right, more ships and longer working hours unloading the ships is not the magic answer. Many trucks are no longer allowed into california due to EPA regulations. Has resulted in a massive shortage of trucks, drivers, and companies willing or able to move freight out of the ports.

·
Registered
7,784 Posts
There are trucks that aren't allowed in California, so they can't help clear the docks. We, the United States, need to bomb California until there is a canal so we can unload ships in Arizona.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Means to get the product out of the port so there is room to unload more.

Also we need to stop letting california create rules that are hurting the rest of the country. The california EPA mandates are causing a problem, preventing trucks into the state and preventing trucks into the port.

If i understand it correctly trucks older than 3 years are not allowed in.

61 - 80 of 94 Posts